FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Online Browser Game: Drop-Shock

Cruxader
Hey all. I'm new to the community. I stumbled across this looking for a free webhost for an idea I have for a Joomla site. This is a really interesting concept.

At any rate, I thought I would post about an online browser game I play. It's very similar to old school Battletech. Don't get too excited because the graphics are pretty basic, but it's still fun. I want to point out on the front end that the game is "technically" free to play, but there is an option to get additional content via paying. (I'm sure most of you know that most free online games nowadays have options like this.) For the record, I was able to get the additional paid content, legally, without spending any real money. The game has a built in trade market that allows you to trade with other players for in-game content. The players in the game call this "getting paid days". The game does have a forum, but it is NOT a forum type of game.

The game's name is: Drop-Shock. I've read over the TOS and don't see where links are not allowed, but I wanted to play it safe and not include a link here. A simple Google search for "Drop-Shock" will yield the game at the top of the list. Currently it is (semi) open-source. I wanted to post about it here because the player community has dwindled somewhat and we would love to get more players.

If you have any questions, just PM me or post them here.

OOOPS! I need to apologize. I did not see the stickied topic about this. Mods, could you please move this to the free online game sticky? Sorry!
CHAOS-THEORY
well could you at least post some screenshots; i want to see the game.
yeah there are paid methodes like in ourworld, online flash game kind of a social game
PokemonHunter
CHAOS-THEORY wrote:
well could you at least post some screenshots; i want to see the game.
yeah there are paid methodes like in ourworld, online flash game kind of a social game

a quick search revealed screenshots here

http://www.drop-shock.com/screenshots.html