FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Newborn baby found trapped in sewer pipe

biolu
Did you guys saw the news? They found a newborn baby in some pipe in a apartment complex. Pretty crazy and scary story...

Quote:
"A baby boy believed to be just days old was found in a sewer pipe in a bathroom in China last weekend.
According to local media, the startling discovery was made on Saturday in Jinhua City, Zhejiang province.
Firefighters were called to an apartment complex where residents said they could hear the baby’s cries through the pipes.
Emergency crews who arrived on the scene could see the baby’s head far down inside the toilet duct, but were unable to reach down far enough into the 4-inch in diameter pipe to pull him out.
Rescuers had to walk down one floor below to cut the pipe free.
After removing the section of pipe containing the baby, firefighters took him to a nearby hospital where pliers and a saw were used to gently free him."

http://behindthewall.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/28/18551994-newborn-baby-found-trapped-in-sewer-pipe-in-china-apartment-complex?lite

MOD - Quotes added
-Ankhanu
deanhills
The article puzzled me however. I thought there was population control in China - couples aren't allowed to have more than two children? So I'd imagine abortion is easy to get, particularly in a big city like Beijing. To go through a long pregnancy, and then to do this at the end of it. Sort of boggles my mind more than a little.

Says a lot however that they went all stops out to save the baby. Wonder how they discovered it was in the pipe?
rx9876
deanhills wrote:
The article puzzled me however. I thought there was population control in China - couples aren't allowed to have more than two children? So I'd imagine abortion is easy to get, particularly in a big city like Beijing. To go through a long pregnancy, and then to do this at the end of it. Sort of boggles my mind more than a little.

Says a lot however that they went all stops out to save the baby. Wonder how they discovered it was in the pipe?

Your question is mine, too.
It's hard to imagine, because we don't live there.

I saw another news, the mother is not married,
and the (man supposed to be the) father doesn't want to responsible for this.

The mother didn't have enough money to do abortion.

When she accidentally birthed the baby in the toilet,
she tried to grab him (yeah, it's a boy), but it's all in vain.
Finally she told the landlord she heard baby crying in the pipe.

The rest of the story is in the OP's link.
deanhills
Quite right rx9876. Just checked it out right now. Must have been a tiny baby though to have slipped into the pipe and must have been a miracle it didn't drown. Glad that the story had a good ending though. The mother sounds genuinely remorseful of what had happened, at least she was the one who raised the alarm. So wonder whether she will get to keep it. Or go to jail?
rx9876
deanhills wrote:
Quite right rx9876. Just checked it out right now. Must have been a tiny baby though to have slipped into the pipe and must have been a miracle it didn't drown. Glad that the story had a good ending though. The mother sounds genuinely remorseful of what had happened, at least she was the one who raised the alarm. So wonder whether she will get to keep it. Or go to jail?

He is only 2.3 KG.
The 22 years old mother didn't confess to the police she's the mother at first.

I don't know how it actually going now.

I saw a news says the mother will be accused for murder,
and other says it's defined as a accident.
Klaw 2
deanhills wrote:

Actually babies aren't that easy to drown... their nose closes when underwater... but otherwise I agree...
deanhills
Klaw 2 wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Actually babies aren't that easy to drown... their nose closes when underwater... but otherwise I agree...
Never knew that. Makes sense though when one thinks about it. Thanks for that insight.
coolclay
Wow, that is crazy. I am sure it happens fairly often, abortions aren't cheap from what I hear, and if you don't have the money you have to go to someone like Dr.Kermit "baby slaughter" Gosnell.

Newborn babies are pretty much impossible to drown, they did live in fluid for their entire lives up to the point they are born. That is why water birthing is a big thing now, less stress for baby and mom.
deanhills
coolclay wrote:
That is why water birthing is a big thing now, less stress for baby and mom.
Aha .... now that makes sense at last. Can't believe I couldn't work that out for myself much earlier.
the_emissary
I'm glad to hear that an innocent life was spared.