FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Recovering Deleted Video File on HTC Sensation 4G Smartphone

rogue_skydragon
Hello,

I accidentally deleted an important video file from my HTC Sensation 4G smartphone and have been looking obsessively for a way to recover the file for free. I know that the file is still somewhere embedded in the phone because several scans I've conducted on various free trial programs say so. But after doing the initial scan, they require me to purchase the product to actually recover the file (such a scam!). Does anyone here know of any reliable software out there that can recover deleted video/photo files on an HTC Sensation Android phone simply and for free? Something that works on Mac OS would be great...

HELP!
william
Would you happen to know whether the file is on the SD card or the internal memory?
rogue_skydragon
william wrote:
Would you happen to know whether the file is on the SD card or the internal memory?

It's on the SD card. Would that make it easier or more difficult?
badai
you can try Recuva (run from windows, not android)

now go register for dropbox and set it to automatically upload all your photos and videos.
william
rogue_skydragon wrote:
william wrote:

It's on the SD card. Would that make it easier or more difficult?

Easier, since you can easily mount it on a PC. As badai suggested, use Recuva. It tends to work quite well. I've also had good luck with Restoration.
sysna
As your files are on SD card, you can recover them easily using many softwares which can do it for you in windows, just connect your phone using usb cable and put it in memory card mode which will make your phone act as a card reader then you can use any software (most of them are same , and again most of them can recover recoverables and can't recover unrecoverables Very Happy ) to recover your files.