FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Websites/ Projects developed in your Resume

codersfriend
Hi,
I'm a web programmer. In my past work experiences, I have developed a number of websites which some were done by me alone while others were done with a team. These websites were given to me by our previous employer who has a client. Now my question is now that is it ok if I put the name of the project or website I did. Like for example "Walmart Website". And if this is possible, should I include the time of this project
or this whole idea is better included in the portfolio if there are going to be any problem
freefri
haven't tried this.. Confused
but may be a added benefit..
Embarassed
watersoul
If there is any work that you personally have created or developed then I see no reason why you should not be allowed to mention this in your resume/CV.

Of course if you have signed a confidentiality agreement or something then that would change things, but if not, go ahead and advertise your work to potential employers or contracts.
If you have been part of a team though make this absolutely clear and just describe your own contribution to the project Smile
Quiviro
watersoul wrote:
If there is any work that you personally have created or developed then I see no reason why you should not be allowed to mention this in your resume/CV.

Of course if you have signed a confidentiality agreement or something then that would change things, but if not, go ahead and advertise your work to potential employers or contracts.
If you have been part of a team though make this absolutely clear and just describe your own contribution to the project Smile

I agree completely. You must show the world your creations.
johans
it think its fine as long as you ask permission on your client.

I have experience it and some or most of it don't allow specially big corporations and companies.
miteY
For the projects you handled alone with your info on the footer, I see no reason not to include them in your portfolio. Unless you have existing agreements with the client not to.

As for the team projects, it is advisable.

IMHO, since you are just starting out on your own fully, you can offer discounts to get clients to use to build up your portfolio.

Cheers.
Pande
I think you should keep it off the resume, but any employer in this field is going to look at your portfolio if you provide. It's the same either way, but the portfolio allows you to take a step back from the formality of the resume and take the time to include other team members, etc.
Radar
Try and convey as realistic idea as you can about your abilities.
bukaida
Usualy the small companies do not mind if you mention the project name. However for big companies you can mention the name of the company , project technology and duration. However duration and technology as well as your role in that project should be included in the CV for every project. Simply, I have done this project is a bit non-professional approach IMHO.