FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I have a BIG suggestion for whoever's running this place

jajathanja
Hi,

First of all, I'd like to say that you got a pleasant little environment here and there is a very nice likeable atmosphere around. All credit and appreciation should and will go to all those who are keeping it going.

Coming to my suggestion, I got a direct reply to a post (albeit being a silly little post Very Happy ) and I only noticed it when I accidently entered the thread after 5 days... What I thought could be nice is if I could get a notification when someone replies to my posts or threads, something like how it is with Facebook...

Then I thought.... hey why not have a 'Like' button like FB as well... You might be thinking well if you wanna do all that just go to FB, but I just read a thread called 'The Death of Frihost Forums'. I'm new here and I don't know how true that is (I'm pretty ok with it as it is btw).... but I was thinking if you could add a setup that was a half-way solution like getting notifications if someone replies to your posts and 'Like' or 'Acknowledge' buttons you could refresh the interest levels in the forum.... and heck maybe take on FB.... hehehe Laughing

Oooh, I just saw the 'Notify me when a reply is posted' option... hehe. Oh well maybe the 'Like' or perhaps 'Cool' or 'Great' buttons for when you read a really long post and you really think it's nice and you just don''t have time to make a comment on it... Embarassed
CHAOS-THEORY
i think the notify button; just notify u by email...
Pande
A lot of other forums I use have a notifications drop-down, very handy. You can see likes, quotes, reports, etc.
johans
nice suggestions but so far the frihost is been perfect for me.

Old topics are there- the purpose if you search something - you might have notice i was been discuss 5 year ago so no need to put a new topic which where already there.
rjraaz
johans wrote:
nice suggestions but so far the frihost is been perfect for me.

Old topics are there- the purpose if you search something - you might have notice i was been discuss 5 year ago so no need to put a new topic which where already there.

I agreed Frihost is been perfect at its all feature. I do not think Like is necessary feature to be implement.