FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Trying to convey "that feeling"...

wellerchap
For the next competition at my camera club the subject is open, so along with the bike racing shot on the other post, I'm also entering this one from climbing England's highest 2 peaks last year (Scafell Pike and Scafell).
I'm probably stabbing in the dark, but I'm trying to convey the feeling of relief on a hot day, after a long hard walk, and getting the boots off in a lovely cold stream!
I look at the shot and think straight away of the 30 minutes or so we spent sitting, resting, and enjoying the feeling of achievement....I think I'm possibly being too hopeful in thinking the judge will sense that too though Very Happy
Title: Best Part Of The Walk

deanhills
Great shot! Can just feel the cooling of my feet .... well done! Very Happy
codegeek
That's a beautiful shot indeed. What kind of camera were you using?

I and some friends climbed a particularly difficult hill in Shivapuri National Park, Nepal a few weeks ago. Here's a shot:

And here's a nice view of the Kathmandu valley:

..and another one.

wellerchap
Thanks dudes - the water was absolutely freezing!
We were camping at the foot of the mountain, and were almost down - it was a warm afternoon & the feet were hot!
The camera's a Sony A300 dslr - not the best available by any stretch of the imagination, but I've had a few good results from it.