FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Be your own boss

authorforte
Are you running your own business?
If you aren't, do you plan to eventually?
What's the one thing you need to get there?
standready
Yes, I have my own business - see sig below
johans
same here i run my owned business and i am planning for expansion.
D'Artagnan
by my experience , it's harder then it looks, and needs off experience and investments
raaeft1
I worked in two jobs for over 30 years. I resigned last year and have started my own news portal. Even though the revenues are yet to flow in,I feel satisfied and happy to be my own boss.
I am still not able to forget the `traumas' and `stress' associated with my previous job and mostly triggered off by biased and unpleasant ``bosses'' who were out after me.
Now, my only concern is to popularise my portal and generate revenues but in a relaxed manner as I am not answerable to anybody.
nelsa
I have plan to start own company butin my country it is very complicated,need abo 2 mounths to register company and we have lot of corupcy but I won't give up.
raaeft1
In India too, the rules are very cumbersome to register one's company and even to open a current account with the banks.
The rules should be simple to register a company and to open a current or business account.
Quiviro
I started this year a little business with my girlfriend: it's the most satisfying thing I did in my life.
Though, there isn't enough money for two persons, so I am still looking for another job Brick wall
pgsteseo
Here are 8 Tips to Get You Started:

Take a Stand for Yourself
Identify the Right Business for You
Business Planning Improves Your Chances for Success
Know Your Target Audience Before You Spend a Penny
Understand Your Personal Finances and Choose the Right Kind of Money You Need for Your Business.
Build a Support Network
Sell By Creating Value
Get the Word Out
Insanity
Starting a business is great because you can do everything yourself. You are responsible for your own success and you can set your own hours. The only problem is that your hours would be much longer than if youw ere working for someone else. At least in the beginning until you get the hang of things and have the ability to hire other employees to cover for you.
Pippo90
I would like to start my own business during my Master's thesis work. I would open my own startup, exploiting some statal fundings. I have a certain idea, but now it's just at the beginning.
lemonedia
I'm starting to do exactly this! Affiliate marketing, coupled with some clever social network programming, hand-in-hand with web development should be all I need for what I want to accomplish in life!
deanhills
lemonedia wrote:
I'm starting to do exactly this! Affiliate marketing, coupled with some clever social network programming, hand-in-hand with web development should be all I need for what I want to accomplish in life!
I'd love to see that, has to a great template, maybe worth a business in its own right? Very Happy
andro_king
nelsa wrote:
I have plan to start own company butin my country it is very complicated,need abo 2 mounths to register company and we have lot of corupcy but I won't give up.

Way to go man!! Smile
joetruong
I would say Capital Funds, without that it will be hard starting a successful business.
RoylanM
I run my own web design business which is a lot of work since I have clients coming up one after the next for my services. I'd say you'd need to just have the organization and your priorities straight to be able to run one successfully.
bukaida
I have one permanent job of teaching and get the salary for living . However, I am also running a company jointly which takes various projects on assignment basis like website design and maintenance, old document reconstruction and OCRing , Document digitization etc. Although the revenue is not much but it gives a great satisfaction.
Pippo90
I am planning to start my own business. I'm currently participating to a free course on startups, at the end of which the best projects will be granted with some good money to "kick" them.
playfungames
Yes, I am kind of running my own business. I run websites. It is ok when I do not have to deal with clients.

But sometimes, I make websites for other people. At that time it is the hardest. I may be my own boss but during these times, my clients are the boss of me. They say do this do that, move this, change that. Again they change their minds and make more amendments. They have so many demands. So, I feel like even though we run our own businesses, we may never be our own boss as long as we have to deal with customers. Customers are always right. Customers are the king. And that is going to be hard to follow for us sometimes.
bukaida
playfungames wrote:
Customers are always right. Customers are the king. And that is going to be hard to follow for us sometimes.

Very true. In any business, the customers are the ultimate person of say. So they are the boss. Very Happy
geekbackpacker
RoylanM wrote:
I run my own web design business which is a lot of work since I have clients coming up one after the next for my services. I'd say you'd need to just have the organization and your priorities straight to be able to run one successfully.

how to get customer with travel website?
mshafiq
Currently i am also thinking of running my own business. I am thinking about programming in different fields.I like automation.i also did few automation work in my house like i have manual gate for enter to my house.I did it automated with some programming.at fridge i put alarm that when door open it beep every time.because i have kids all time they open the fridge some time they kept open.Similarly i did lot of other things i tried.