FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free board game

codegeek
Baghchal is one of the national games of Nepal. I have made an application to play Baghchal with the computer. I have used the C++ language and the SFML 1.6 library for graphics. This is my first project. I finished programming it a few months ago.

You can download it for free here.

Any comments and suggestions will be highly appreciated. Very Happy
Peterssidan
I remember when you posted about the evaluation function for this game. I would like to try it but is the source code available so that I can compile it on Linux?
codegeek
Sorry for the delay, Very Happy . You can download all the files here.. Yes, the code may be redundant at times. There may be better ways to do things. I would be very very happy to receive suggestions.
Peterssidan
The game compiled fine on Linux (GCC 4.7.2) after having fixed a few problems with \ instead of / and wrong letter case in some include paths.

I'm not at all good at this game and am losing at the easiest level. Razz

I noticed that it doesn't always react when pressing a keyboard or mouse button. This happens especially often if the button is pressed very quickly. I think the problem is that you pass the event object to the functions InputClass::GetInput and InputClass::MainMenuInput outside the event loop. If there are more than one event to process only the last one will be passed to these functions. So if a KeyPressed and a KeyReleased happened only the KeyReleased event will be handled.

When compiling the game with optimizations turned on it sometimes crash when the AI "thinks". Not sure what the problem is.
codegeek
Ah, yes, I remember having had a lot of trouble with the UI. The input was even worse before. i had put some sort of timing control to delay the movement of the selector, because it was racing through the screen. It's probably still there in headers.h. It's something called AItime.

By the way, have you had a look at the AI? Yes, it's playing a fairly decent game, but crashes from time to time. I think there is a lot of improvement that I can make in the way it generates the moves and stores them. I have 2 months of vacation and I think I'll work on this program more, and make it stronger and faster. I'll keep this post updated. Very Happy