FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Forum loading .... dragging?

deanhills
Don't know whether others are having the same experience, but the Forum pages seem to be dragging when they are loading? As though something is holding them back.

I'll check a little later at work to see whether it is local, in the meanwhile just wondering whether others are experiencing the same. It's been happening for the last few hours.
Ankhanu
Sometimes things lag on me, but if I resubmit my request it loads fine... happens probably 10% of the time, sometimes more.
deanhills
Right now it is OK. My experience of 10% pretty much equates with yours, except for earlier this morning when the dragging had been more noticeable (around 7:00 a.m. (GMT+4)). It took quite a while for pages to download and then when I checked the Frihost Server Status found that the Server 2 DNS was Offline. Then a few minutes after when it was loading a bit better (not perfectly though), and I checked, the DNS was online again.

Must be something with Server 2 then. But hopefully it will resolve itself as there is a marked improvement from this morning. It's 12:46 p.m. GMT+4 right now.
Bluedoll
Actually I get this lag sometimes all over the internet and it is hard to determine where the problem is. Twice last month my provider itself went down altogether then came back up but I have seen it where it also changes in speed. Other sites have periodical problems every so often but then they return to normal.

I could be wrong but I often think some router or intermediate server somewhere on the grid acts up now and then. Sometimes it seems to be my browser, then other times the problem is on the internet itself past my provider. It is difficult to tell. Usually if I'm in doubt, will do a reboot then try again just to see if it gets resolved. I've also noticed that the time of day, holidays etc all give different response times.

When going to start - run - cmd - typing ping frihost.com, right now I'm getting 45ms

Qantas94Heavy
Bluedoll wrote:
Actually I get this lag sometimes all over the internet and it is hard to determine where the problem is. Twice last month my provider itself went down altogether then came back up but I have seen it where it also changes in speed. Other sites have periodical problems every so often but then they return to normal.

I could be wrong but I often think some router or intermediate server somewhere on the grid acts up now and then. Sometimes it seems to be my browser, then other times the problem is on the internet itself past my provider. It is difficult to tell. Usually if I'm in doubt, will do a reboot then try again just to see if it gets resolved. I've also noticed that the time of day, holidays etc all give different response times.

When going to start - run - cmd - typing ping frihost.com, right now I'm getting 45ms

Have you tried a traceroute (tracert frihost.com) yet? That would show whether there are any particular areas where your connection's acting up.
deanhills
I think the problem must have sorted itself out as Frihost is up to its usual speed for me now.
Bluedoll
Qantas94Heavy wrote:
Have you tried a traceroute (tracert frihost.com) yet? That would show whether there are any particular areas where your connection's acting up.
Thanks, that is a good command tool for checking across the internet.