FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My New Phone - Nokia Lumia 820

nivinjoy
Hi all,

This is my post after a very long time as i was very very busy due to some unavoidable commitments. Now I am back and will be regular on boards.

Recently, say, 1 week before i got a new phone Nokia Lumia 820. It is indeed a great phone (though there are some glitches which i noticed after started using it.) It is running on Windows Phone 8 operating system, which i find as a very very fast operating system. The browser is very fast and overall the system is secure from virus and security threats. The screen clarity and overall display is great. Touch sensitivity compared to some other major competitors, is superb. And the most useful thing in the Windows phone is the Office suite which you find great for carrying out your daily office works. Along with the Sky Drive integration the entire Office suite rocks.

Now, some of the problems i have found in Lumia 820 are listed below:

First things first.. When i turn on the data connection (after it was turned off for a long time), the internet won't be working at all. Either i have to restart the phone or turn on the Flight mode, then turn off and then start browsing. I still don't understand why Nokia didn't figure it out.

The major letdown in the Lumia 820 is the Battery life. It does not even stand for one day. If i play games continuously or browse internet for 1 to 2 hours, that's it.. the phone battery dries off. Compared to the battery life offered by major competitors like Samsung & HTC, Nokia should have taken care of this aspect most importantly.

Another major letdown is in the Apps section. The collection of "Useful" Apps in the Windows Phone Market Place is very less compared to Android Market (Google Play). I don't understand why there are many crap apps in the Windows Phone Market Place which no one will find useful ever. Many games present in the Android market are not available for the Windows Phone.

All this said, I still love my phone.. Very Happy Now all other who proudly own Lumia 820 may share your experience with your phone and share useful tips and tricks in using the phone. Share your list of Windows Apps too so that others can find it useful. I will also share my list of Apps in the next post.

Here are some pics of Nokia Lumia 820 for those who haven't still seen it..

CHAOS-THEORY
wow lol xD, what do u need a phone with low battery life; i'd go with the Nokia n900 the one of his kind & the best in my opinion after the n97 (; Debian Rules
nivinjoy
CHAOS-THEORY wrote:
wow lol xD, what do u need a phone with low battery life; i'd go with the Nokia n900 the one of his kind & the best in my opinion after the n97 (; Debian Rules

Yeah. But the era of such phones are over and the evolution of new phones are happening. Now its the time for Windows phones. No other competitors can beat Windows phones now. Windows phones have proved itself superior to all other mobile operating systems, be it iOS, Android, Blackberry or whatever it may be. The security factor is the most highlighted part of Windows phone.

To put it as a final word, at the present scenario Windows Phones are the best and are gonna change the world mobile user base tremendously.

And about Nokia Lumia 820.. I wanted a phone with good amount of RAM, screen quality and a decent camera. Due to financial constraints i couldn't go for Nokia Lumia 920. So i opted for the very next model below Lumia 920, that's the Lumia 820. Except for the battery problem other all things are good. And in August we can expect the Amber update from Nokia, which will further enrich the user experience.

To know more about Amber update click the below link:

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_amber_update_for_wp8_lumias_coming_in_august-news-6297.php
riteshk1
Good phone, Congrats for your phone why you don't choose android phone.
Queiros
buy other xD
sysna
Did you have an android phone before ? When i switched from android to win phone i find out that I just missed android so much that i again changed back to it after two weeks.

I mean win Phone is beautiful and very easy to use, but it gives you nothing more ! it is just easy to use but not easy to customize, not easy to configure, not easy to ... there is just a huge gap there, huge number of softwares available in Google Play Store just makes android something really different. android is just now very close to iOS as even it gets some games/apps faster than it ! but it comes with lots more freedom than iOS.

I think Microsoft should really do something as the same thing is happening for store of win 8 , developers are just running away from microsoft.
Chronoglide
sysna wrote:
Did you have an android phone before ? When i switched from android to win phone i find out that I just missed android so much that i again changed back to it after two weeks.

I mean win Phone is beautiful and very easy to use, but it gives you nothing more ! it is just easy to use but not easy to customize, not easy to configure, not easy to ... there is just a huge gap there, huge number of softwares available in Google Play Store just makes android something really different. android is just now very close to iOS as even it gets some games/apps faster than it ! but it comes with lots more freedom than iOS.

I think Microsoft should really do something as the same thing is happening for store of win 8 , developers are just running away from microsoft.

I'm not a developer myself, so I can't comment on whether people are actually running away from the Windows store. I'm just here to say that I completely agree with what you said. The biggest drawback of Windows Phones are that there are so few things in the store. That's what killed it for me; I'm staying on Android.
zimmer
Wow!!

What a huge phone..

Its a nice design but when it comes to applicaitons i think no much in google apps and apple apps.

Based on technology trends today google or android tops the smart phone and most manufactured compared with other brands or operating systems.

Nokia becomes one of the top phone back in 2000- 2004 but then later i heard it was purchase by microsoft.

Idea
abhinavm24
nexus 4 2013 is better.
erzh
good phone
erzh
good phone