FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

programmin

abhinavm24
Confused
How much time should one spend coding being a freshman at college with 25hrs of colleges time?
Taking in the account that the person is enrolled in an Civil Engineering course which isn't really involved up with programmin skillset.
LxGoodies
Depends on your age, I guess.. when I was in my 20-30's I spent about 80 hours per week programming, hobby and work/study together. Things got mixed up too. As I got more involved in software design and report making, my hobby coding activity also decreased. Nowadays, I dont do much coding at home. Sometimes a nice big pack of logging data occurs, I love to write snippets to data-mine things and draw conclusions from it, for a report. But I don't code entire user applications anymore. I specify them.. and if needed.. code parts.. review parts that others create.. in working hours that is (max 32). The rest of my screen time I spend on forums, politics, philosophy and history topics.

Lx (=a software developer on the PC-platform for 28 years now)
lemonedia
Personally, I spend about 4 hours a day (sometimes hit and miss) on personal projects / hobby related things. Learning meteor right now, which seems quite revolutionary in real-time web delivery!
mshafiq
I love programming.My job is also programming .i spend a lot time in achieving my goal and finishing my project.I never ever tired from programming.because programming is my passion.I enjoy programming and automation.