FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

About Google Ads....

Sunny
When you click on a google ad it opens in same window . I don't think anyone intends to leave the frihost forum when they click on the ads but thats what happens as a result.

Although I'm smart enough to use the shift key(to open link in new window) when I click the ads but i'm not sure if most of the members are aware of it. I'm sure something can be easily done about it.
babumuchhala
Well sunny i also use the ctrl+shift key while clicking on google ads since i also prefer them opening up in the background and not the same open window as i hate to have anything opening in front of my eyes.

As for bondings or for that matter any webmaster cannot make the google ads open in a new window or tab by default, AS IT IS AGAINST THE GOOGLE ADSENSE POLICY.

Google Ad Placement Policy wrote:

• Up to three ad units may be displayed on each Web site page.
  • A maximum of two Google AdSense for search boxes may be placed on a page.
  • A single link unit may be placed on each Web site page, in addition to the ad units and search boxes specified above. Link units are considered to be 'Google ads' for purposes of these program policies.
  • A single referral button per product may be placed on a page, in addition to the ad units, search boxes, and link units specified above. Referral buttons are considered to be ‘Google ads’ for purposes of these program policies.
  • No Google ad may be placed on any non-content-based pages.
  • No Google ad or Google search box may be displayed on any domain parking websites, pop-ups, pop-unders, or in any email.
  • No Google ad may be placed on pages published specifically for the purpose of showing ads, whether or not the page content is relevant.
  • Elements on a page must not obscure any portion of the ads, and the ad colors must be such that any ad elements, including text and URL, are visible.
  • Clicks on Google ads must not result in a new browser window being launched.

Here's the policy page link: https://www.google.com/adsense/policies
Sunny
I see that now, guess Shift key of my keyboard can do little more exercise Smile
althalus
If you use Firefox you can click with your mousewheel (if you have one) to open any link (excepting javascript links, i guess) in a new tab. Clicking with the wheel on an open tab will also close it.

Nifty. Smile
SNES350
I love Google ads; actually they are almost the only ones I ever click. They are text based so don't really distract me from the website itself. Also I like their policy not allowing them to open a new window, but I usually click things to a new tab (keeping focus on the page I'm on at the moment) anyway.
bananaphone
Sunny wrote:
When you click on a google ad it opens in same window . I don't think anyone intends to leave the frihost forum when they click on the ads but thats what happens as a result.

Although I'm smart enough to use the shift key(to open link in new window) when I click the ads but i'm not sure if most of the members are aware of it. I'm sure something can be easily done about it.

I second that notion!
Devil
Why dont u use the serch feature , this topics have been discussed before , plus it is against the TOS to talk about Adds
tingkagol
<Better not talk about those admins.>
Bondings
I'll close this topic now. Google probably doesn't like it.
-locked-