FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

deported from Saudi Arabia for being "too handsome"

johans
what a News!

this clearly indicates that saudi people are insecure in there selves. lol

Quote:
Was this hottie deported from Saudi Arabia for being ‘too handsome’?
Religious police in the conservative country allegedly feared that three men from the United Arab Emirates were so handsome that ‘female visitors could fall for them.’ Whether or not Omar Borkan Al Gala is one of those three, there’s no denying that he’s been blessed with good looks.

He’s an actor, a photographer and a poet.

And he’s also so handsome, it may just be illegal.

Meet Omar Borkan Al Gala, the devilishly beautiful man who might just be one of the three deported from Saudi Arabia last week for the crime of being too gorgeous.

RELATED: SAUDI DEPORTS 3 FOR BEING ‘IRRESISTIBLE’

Religious police in the deeply conservative Muslim country reportedly stormed a stand manned by delegates from the United Arab Emirates at the Jenadrivah Heritage & Culture Festival. The three hotties were evicted from the festival, then deported to the UAE because they were so handsome that police “feared female visitors could fall for them,” the Arabic-language newspaper Elaph

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/hottie-deported-saudi-arabia-handsome-article-1.1327759#ixzz2Slia6QYx

Edited by Vanilla.
Add quotes when you copy/paste text.
nickfyoung
A funny article. The pictures do show some good looking guys although one guy was with a camel who was pretty good looking to. Reminds me of a camel tour place who had a sign on their van, 'Book early and get the good looking one'.
Some of their comments on their Facebook page tell of pretty flowery prose too. They have talent and of course, all that oil money helps.
Vanilla
By looking at his pictures I can tell that the guy is handsome. But I can't tell if he's really THAT handsome because the photo provided by the link is heavily Photoshopped. You see, I work with Photoshop since 2004 and it's not that hard to tell when a picture's been altered.
deanhills
Vanilla wrote:
By looking at his pictures I can tell that the guy is handsome. But I can't tell if he's really THAT handsome because the photo provided by the link is heavily Photoshopped. You see, I work with Photoshop since 2004 and it's not that hard to tell when a picture's been altered.
Women are of course not allowed to share space with men in certain social settings in Saudi Arabia, even expat women who are presenting papers at conferences. Sort of ridiculous in the extreme but very much the reality there.

So for looking for some logic here (my own interpretation entirely), I wonder whether the real accusation here was along the lines of being "attractive" rather than "handsome". Except that could have had dire consequences for the relationship between the two countries. Handsome is an accusation that can be tolerated as a compliment. But attractive maybe not?
RoylanM
Wow I sense jelly much from Sadi. If I go there then I might be deported just for looking sharp and why does how you looks matter.
nickfyoung
Yep, looks like it's off my list of places to visit too. Why visit some where if they are going to hassle you over how good looking you are. It's bad enough visiting the Philippines where all the lovely ladies smile at you all day. I guess I could get used to that though. They certainly make you feel welcome.
johans
nickfyoung wrote:
Yep, looks like it's off my list of places to visit too. Why visit some where if they are going to hassle you over how good looking you are. It's bad enough visiting the Philippines where all the lovely ladies smile at you all day. I guess I could get used to that though. They certainly make you feel welcome.

In Philippines, all of us are smiling and caring person.

I have been working in Saudi for 2 years and i can see there culture for 2 years that most of them are feel this insecurities and no self confidence.

Native Saudis are feel jealous if someone looking on there girls even if they don't know that girl and you steering with the girl. I cannot describe Saudi country which you don't have freedom to express your self.
deanhills
Must say it is not on my list of countries to visit either. I don't think it is as bad in the big cities such as Riyadh and Jeddah. Things could always improve, but expats seem to have themselves well organized and when they travel to Saudi Arabia it is usually for work more than tourism as tourism doesn't seem to be encouraged among Western expats. In addition, when Western expats live in Saudi, they seem to be "sequestered" mostly in Saudi expat colonies more than really living in Saudi Arabia and their freedom of movement is much more restricted than in any of the neighbouring GCC countries. Apart from almost impossible to get a visa, I am not really interested in traveling to Saudi as there are many neighbouring countries around the UAE who are more friendly and welcoming towards tourists and visitors. Countries I'd rather visit include Jordan, Yemen (probably a little risky), Oman (I've been visiting on a regular basis and will probably visit it more).
airh3ad
How sad Mr. Omar Borkan Al Gala was allegedly forced to leave Saudi Arabia because he is too handsome, this is bad anyway Would enjoy seeing, or better, hearing your poetry. Preferably in person,” wrote one his many Facebook fans for sure what you think?
grofet
They can't resist anybody that want to do hajj activity. Hajj is for all moslem handsome or not. Handsome people can use many trick to become not handsome.
IceCreamTruck
Throw me out of the country because I'm too sexy/attractive, yes please! I'll just go live on an island with no shirt on! Smile I'd definitely write a book about it, and sell the movie rights! haha

There are plenty of places to go where being good looking is not a crime, so I doubt he's hard pressed for attention or a place to live. Now he has to live with the celebrity of having been given the boot for being too damn good looking. What a hard life it must be!

I didn't really know that was possible, but there you have it. I guess this is how things work out when you have too many rules, and people naturally start causing other people to break them.
ocalhoun
When good looks are outlawed, only outlaws will look good.

/and that's my thoughtful, enlightened take on the subject.
//And in 575 years, Saudi Arabia is known as a country full of ugly people, because they've been artificially selecting their gene pool for that.
75alex
Terrifying, really, i wonder what it is like to live in this country.
Anyway i hope this never happens in my country, or i will be exiled as well Cool
deanhills
75alex wrote:
Terrifying, really, i wonder what it is like to live in this country.
Anyway i hope this never happens in my country, or i will be exiled as well Cool
I'm sure he was deported for more than his good looks however. Sort of common sense since Saudi is a direct neighbour of the UAE that there would be plenty of guys with good looks visiting Saudi every day. The Saudis and the UAE guys who are aware of the real reason must be having a great laugh at the expense of the Western media.

I wouldn't visit Saudi Arabia if it were the last country on earth, but in its larger cities the population is fairly sophisticated in their interpretation and management of events. Saudi has a very high standard in education (with lots of Western input) relative to the Middle East and invests heavily in that education too. I'd say the Western media is not always that reliable in their interpretation of news events.
andro_king
johans wrote:
what a News!

this clearly indicates that saudi people are insecure in there selves. lol

Quote:
Was this hottie deported from Saudi Arabia for being ‘too handsome’?
Religious police in the conservative country allegedly feared that three men from the United Arab Emirates were so handsome that ‘female visitors could fall for them.’ Whether or not Omar Borkan Al Gala is one of those three, there’s no denying that he’s been blessed with good looks.

He’s an actor, a photographer and a poet.

And he’s also so handsome, it may just be illegal.

Meet Omar Borkan Al Gala, the devilishly beautiful man who might just be one of the three deported from Saudi Arabia last week for the crime of being too gorgeous.

RELATED: SAUDI DEPORTS 3 FOR BEING ‘IRRESISTIBLE’

Religious police in the deeply conservative Muslim country reportedly stormed a stand manned by delegates from the United Arab Emirates at the Jenadrivah Heritage & Culture Festival. The three hotties were evicted from the festival, then deported to the UAE because they were so handsome that police “feared female visitors could fall for them,” the Arabic-language newspaper Elaph

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/hottie-deported-saudi-arabia-handsome-article-1.1327759#ixzz2Slia6QYx

Edited by Vanilla.
Add quotes when you copy/paste text.

its fake .. google it for more details.. Rolling Eyes
metalfreek
It a country with very low freedom of speech and what can we expect from them anyway. Even though this news is unique and funny and weird, its not that weird since its happened is Saudi Arabia.

BTW, don't women in Saudi Arabia wear full burkha to cover their face? How much damage can this guy do with that sort of situation.
deanhills
metalfreek wrote:
It a country with very low freedom of speech and what can we expect from them anyway. Even though this news is unique and funny and weird, its not that weird since its happened is Saudi Arabia.

BTW, don't women in Saudi Arabia wear full burkha to cover their face? How much damage can this guy do with that sort of situation.
I doubt they were worried about the women metalfreek. Twisted Evil

Any way, andro_king mentioned it was a fake report. I probably need to Google it as he suggested we should be doing.

OK this is the closest one I could find:
http://www.sabreakingnews.co.za/2013/05/no-one-deported-for-being-too-handsome-saudi-arabia/
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
metalfreek wrote:

Any way, andro_king mentioned it was a fake report. I probably need to Google it as he suggested we should be doing.

http://www.sabreakingnews.co.za/2013/05/no-one-deported-for-being-too-handsome-saudi-arabia/

So we shouldn't be packing our bags with our sexiest outfits, and buying plane tickets? Crap, I wanted to be kicked out too! Smile
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
deanhills wrote:
metalfreek wrote:

So we shouldn't be packing our bags with our sexiest outfits, and buying plane tickets? Crap, I wanted to be kicked out too! Smile
You can still do all of that, just wonder whether they'll allow you to mingle with the Saudi's though. I haven't been there myself but it looks as though Western expats are very much separated out into separate areas for Western expats only in Saudi. Except at work of course, but looks as though they go straight to their compounds after work.
sark
Remember: in Saudi Arabia, always punch yourself in the face before going outside. You could get arrested for being too handsome!
ocalhoun
sark wrote:
Remember: in Saudi Arabia, always punch yourself in the face before going outside. You could get arrested for being too handsome!

Correction: you could get deported for being to handsome.

Oh noes! You'd have to leave Saudi Arabia! The horror!
My reaction would be:
RosenCruz
Saudi Arabia is one of the extremist application of Islamic Sheria. But I can relate this action with it. Weird Rolling Eyes