FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Installing Flash on future mobile devices

twotrophy
Adobe has discontinued Flash for Android last year but Flash can still be installed on devices such as Android 4.0 and 4.1 but it would probably be incompatible with Android 5.0 when it comes out. I need Flash on mobile quite a lot. I have it on my phone but I would probably replace it in the future. Also, I am willing to consider anything reasonable to get Flash in future phones. Ideas such as downloading older Android versions if Google releases them and installing Flash apks from Adobe's software archives which is intended for developers on future phones may work. Does anyone have other ideas?
jdelfire
Did they really? Any sight on what alternative solution for this?
twotrophy
jdelfire wrote:
Did they really? Any sight on what alternative solution for this?

You can still install Flash Player from the Adobe website at the Flash Player archives. I heard that they are also going to stop development for Adobe Fireworks. Such a company that discontinues products when some people still need it cannot be relied on too much. If I have to discontinue a software if I ever become a software creator, I will make it a point to do reasonable things such as asking someone to take charge of the development or release the source code so that anyone can continue developing or even modify it to suit their needs.
cybersa
twotrophy wrote:
Adobe has discontinued Flash for Android last year but Flash can still be installed on devices such as Android 4.0 and 4.1 but it would probably be incompatible with Android 5.0 when it comes out. I need Flash on mobile quite a lot. I have it on my phone but I would probably replace it in the future. Also, I am willing to consider anything reasonable to get Flash in future phones. Ideas such as downloading older Android versions if Google releases them and installing Flash apks from Adobe's software archives which is intended for developers on future phones may work. Does anyone have other ideas?

No Problem Bro!,XDA-Developer will port it to any version until it was necessary.

Then next version was not Android 5.0.It was 4.3 and Google going announce it on May 15.
twotrophy
cybersa wrote:
twotrophy wrote:

No Problem Bro!,XDA-Developer will port it to any version until it was necessary.

Then next version was not Android 5.0.It was 4.3 and Google going announce it on May 15.

Sorry, but what do you mean by porting to any version? Is it allowed by Adobe? Maybe it would no longer work by Android 5 but hopefully it would work.
crazyfffan
twotrophy wrote:
Ideas such as downloading older Android versions if Google releases them and installing Flash apks from Adobe's software archives which is intended for developers on future phones may work.

Android is not something you can download and install on your device as a PC operating system. Every Android device needs a specific customised ROM to work with. So if you have an old phone that plays Flash, then stick with it, buy newer phones if you will but keep the old one.
riteshk1
Its really work then i will also try to install this flash player.
anshkathuriaweb
find the appropriate flash player apk file on internet for your device
dabyd64
It still works by manually installing the flash player APK.
Download here:
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

At the bottom you will see the android flash player versions, for 2.3.x/3.x and 4.x.

I'm posting the direct links (I dont know if hotlinking works with adobe, but have a try!)
Latest for Android 4.x
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/android/11.1.115.81/install_flash_player_ics.apk

Latest for Android 2.3.x and 3.x
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/android/11.1.111.73/install_flash_player_pre_ics.apk