FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which Graphicscard?

Which graphicscard do you have
Nvidia
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Ati
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

devroom
I want to buy a new pc in a few months, but i dont know which graphicscard i will buy. Should i buy an expensive nvidia card or should i buy 2 lower priced cards and put them in sli? i just dont know or sli really does make sence if you dont buy 2 cards over 300,-
Some problem with ati too. 1 expensive card or 2 lower priced with crossfire? if someone has some meanings or reports please say them to me
bananaphone
SLI will always cost more - and many cheapo cards cannot be put in SLI.
Readon Crossfire sucks - use Nvidia SLI.
But i think you should just use a single card.
I use a Gigabyte Readon 9550 256MB and it works great - plays all the latest games smoothly.
Naif
Banana is right... not all cards are SLI compatible.. even I'll advice you to go for a single card instead of two. but make sure whatever card you choose to buy is SLI compatible.. because if later you decide and have some cash in your hands, you can go in for another card and use it under SLI mode... and stick to Nvidia!
Donutey
welll.. its business as usual ati v nvidia Rolling Eyes

choose the card that performs the best on benchmarks in your given pricerange. With SLI or Crossfire (crossfire isnt out yet) you have to buy a specific motherboard that supports SLI or Crossfire. There isnt really a cost effective reason to buy two cards, all games will run on a single (good) card.

Also, make sure to distinguish between PCI Express and AGP when buying a card.
seanooi
I encountered problems with ATI before. The low range nvidia cards (e.g. GeForce2 MX400) can run Need For Speed Underground 2 with the details option all set to the highest, just that it lags. But when i tested it on a low range ATI card (e.g. Radeon 9250) with details option all set to the highest too, appears that the card couldn't support it and what i saw was a black screen. So in my oppinion, I think nvidia would be a better choice.
Boles Roor
Just go with a single card setup. If you don't want to update for a while, you should buy at least a nVidia 6800 or an ATi X1600.
I'd go for a 7800 GTX though. And if it can't keep up with the lastest games just buy another 7800 GTX. It'll have dropped in price alot then, and then the games will get better performance out of a SLI setup.
ocalhoun
you need a new poll option: both
works for me...