FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Omega 3

mshafiq
Omega 3 is very very good and very important for our health.The bigger sourse of omega 3 is fish.we have to eat fish at least 2 to 3 times in a week.
Omega 3 controll colestroll level in our body.it is very good during pregnency,because it controll the premature birth of baby.it also increase the IQ level in childrens.very important lower the blood pressure.
mustatab
Omega 3 shown to decrease cardic eisodes. it helps to decrese inflammation in arteries. but only ake omegaa 3 and not in combination
tomalter26
Here a benefits of consuming omega 3.Especially for women it improve bone health by positively impacting the body's calcium levels and also improve menstrual health by reducing the pain associated with PMS and menstruation
jean24
There are also plant source of omega 3.
The first to consider is flax seeds, also called linseed. The name of this plant is the origin of the official name of the most basic polyunsaturated fatty acids :
- alpha LINolenic (α-Linolenic acid is a particular form of omega-3 fatty acid)
- LINoleic acid (a double unsaturated fatty acid, a form of omega-6)

Some other seeds also contain good amounts of Omega 3 :
- chia
- hemp

And remember that most green leaves (lettuce, romaine, parsley, cilantro, etc) contain unsaturated fatty acids (including omega 3), in small amounts, but this adds up, if you consume serious quantities.

Of course, we're not ruminants (as cows or zebras), but we may really benefit from including good quantities of leafy greens into our diet.

You may eat large salads, or blend the leaves in green smoothies (check out the many blending recipes out there, on youtube, etc)

Enjoy your greens Smile
Dominicq
Hi Mshafiq,
Great post on omega 3 health benefits and like to add omega 3 helps in losing and stabilizing weight. Omega 3 prevents from heart and cardio disease, reduces cholesterol level and prevents from joint pains. Omega 3 eases depression, improves your vision and great for brain functions.
moncong
mshafiq wrote:
Omega 3 is very very good and very important for our health.The bigger sourse of omega 3 is fish.we have to eat fish at least 2 to 3 times in a week.
Omega 3 controll colestroll level in our body.it is very good during pregnency,because it controll the premature birth of baby.it also increase the IQ level in childrens.very important lower the blood pressure.

i heard that omega 3 also cause some prostate cancer.. correct me if I'm wrong
mshafiq
I heard this that omega 3 reduce the risk of cancer like colon cancers and breast cancers.
As we know that omega 3 is in fish oil.so to swallow the oil is hard so take the omega 3 capsule.That is very easy to swallow.
Omega 3 capsule is very good for heart health.Because Omega 3 is natural blood thinner that promots blood clotting and prevent blood coagulation.
Fish oil also increase the memory.Fish oil is very good during pregnancy for mother and growing baby
Androidgamed
Fatty acids found in seafood and other sources. Recent research as found that these fatty acids can have a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system as well as other aspects of human health.
baboosaa
They say that omega 3 is found in the fat of fish. It is really helpful to keep you young and reduce your aging. So using it once in a day and making it a habit is found beneficial to be young and reduce various other diseases. I love to eat fish and fresh fish always make a great deal of lunch to eat. It's very good for our health.
deanhills
baboosaa wrote:
They say that omega 3 is found in the fat of fish. It is really helpful to keep you young and reduce your aging. So using it once in a day and making it a habit is found beneficial to be young and reduce various other diseases. I love to eat fish and fresh fish always make a great deal of lunch to eat. It's very good for our health.
Brings us back to cod liver oil. Pretty easy to take - although I'm not really doing that. But I do eat fish regularly.

Important though to always have the right mix of Omega 3 and Omega 6, so the one doesn't dominate the other. Here's an article about it:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/01/12/aha-position-on-omega-6-fats.aspx
frenat8
mshafiq wrote:

Fishes:

Some fishes contain 2 times more omega 3 than usual sources, but flaxseed contains 3 times more omega 3 than any fish, its 66% is fat: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3163/2
But in the other hand, its better to consume fishes more times, because flaxseed contains omega 6 too, wich is healthy but you need 1/3 times lower quantity of omega 6 than 3.

These are the fishes containing the highest amount of omega 3:
Herring, sardines 1.32
Mackerel: Spanish/Atlantic/Pacific 1.11.7
Salmon 1.11.9
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega-3_fatty_acid#Fish )

Fishes are not very popular sadly, people rather like eating non-water meat, because fishes are said to be stinky and not tasty. However most fishes can be prepared well to be delicious. If you dont have time, buy canned fish in fish oil.

Cholesterol:

Actually low cholesterol is just as bad as high colesterol. HDL cholesterol is the "good cholesterol" and LDL is the bad. Omega 3 rises HDL, wich cleans out your blood vessels, than your liver breaks down LDL.
Low cholesterol leads to cardiovascular health problems, wich are the leading cause of death i many countries.