FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Methodologies to lose weight

raaeft1
I have been using myfitnesspal off and on to lose weight. The theory that regularly keeping a food and exercise diary helps in reducing weight has some practical merit. The whole purpose of keeping a food diary is to be aware of what you are eating, when you are eating and the exercises you do.

In my experience, maintaining such a diary yields results gradually. And in myfitnesspal, you are encouraged by other members if you lose hope or when your regularity slags and you do not log in for days or weeks or months.

One of my colleagues has also lost weight after subscribing to one such online plan.

MOD - Moved from General Chat to Health and Beauty.
- Ankhanu
spinout
the only plan working: Eat like a chicken and shit like an elephant!
Mr_Howl
Counting calories seems to be very effective. And it makes sense too: if you take in less calories than you expend each day, you'll have to make up the difference with stored calories (fat).
deanhills
spinout wrote:
the only plan working: Eat like a chicken and shit like an elephant!
Laughing This would make an excellent topic for a new "Diet" book. Can see it as a hot seller as well.

Quote:
Swedish Weightloss Secret revealed ....
Eat like a chicken and shit like an elephant!

Make it into a vegetarian diet with grains .... everything a chicken eats to make those healthy eggs that every one is consuming every day. Organic grains ....

OK here is a good start for which "miracle foods" to focus on in the diet ...

Quote:
Homemade Poultry Feed Mix

- 2 parts whole corn

- 3 parts soft white wheat

- 3 parts hard red winter wheat

- part Diatomaceous Earth (not the kind you put in your pool)

- 1 part hulled barley

- 1 part oat groats

- 2 part sunflower seeds

- part peanuts

- 1 part wheat bran

- 1 part split peas

- 1 part lentils

- 1 part quinoa

- 1 part sesame seeds

- 1/2 part kelp

Source: Green Living Tips

OK, one could probably add some of the information about elephant diet as well. Maybe have the tree bark as a special supplement in capsules .... Razz
http://www.seaworld.org/animal-info/info-books/elephants/diet.htm
kaysch
Munch munch, the 200g special jubilee edition chocolate bar with whole hazelnuts is really delicious...
deanhills
kaysch wrote:
Munch munch, the 200g special jubilee edition chocolate bar with whole hazelnuts is really delicious...
Saw a Dr. Oz show last night where he suggested if you had that chocolate bar at 2:00 p.m. in the afternoon that it could be good for a diet programme. Within reason of course ... Razz
Source: http://voices.yahoo.com/dr-oz-teaches-his-audience-simplify-their-lives-7646330.html
kaysch
deanhills wrote:
kaysch wrote:
Saw a Dr. Oz show last night where he suggested if you had that chocolate bar at 2:00 p.m. in the afternoon that it could be good for a diet programme. Within reason of course ... Razz
Source: http://voices.yahoo.com/dr-oz-teaches-his-audience-simplify-their-lives-7646330.html

Yeah, only that I can't wait until tomorrow 2 pm...
Ah, what the heck. I just won't tell my weight watchers consultant and I'll be fine... Wink
deanhills
kaysch wrote:
deanhills wrote:
kaysch wrote:

Yeah, only that I can't wait until tomorrow 2 pm...
Ah well, I guess you better go for it then. I'm hungry myself and it's 11:00 p.m. here. All "diet rules" says not to eat this late, BUT if I don't I probably won't be able to get any sleep, will get short on serotonins, my available energy will go down, I won't burn as many calories ..... Just talked myself into a really nice omelette. Coming up shortly.
kaysch
deanhills wrote:
Ah well, I guess you better go for it then. I'm hungry myself and it's 11:00 p.m. here. All "diet rules" says not to eat this late, BUT if I don't I probably won't be able to get any sleep, will get short on serotonins, my available energy will go down, I won't burn as many calories ..... Just talked myself into a really nice omelette. Coming up shortly.

Bon appetit.
deanhills
kaysch wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Bon appetit.
Thanks! Now to move myself to the kitchen. Major effort needed. Twisted Evil
kaysch
deanhills wrote:
Thanks! Now to move myself to the kitchen. Major effort needed. Twisted Evil

Maybe this will keep you off?
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-24443.html
standready
deanhills wrote:
Just talked myself into a really nice omelette. Coming up shortly.
Don't forget the pine nuts and garlic in the omelette!
deanhills
standready wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Just talked myself into a really nice omelette. Coming up shortly.
Don't forget the pine nuts and garlic in the omelette!
Darn! I forgot to get pine nuts. OK, I'll have ground flax seeds in it instead. Laughing
nickfyoung
I think there is really only one way to lose weight and we all know about it but never seem to be able to do it.That is to eat less and do some exercise. Pretty simple really but we are always searching for the latest new fad diet in case it may be easier or more effective. Seems to me it doesn't really matter what you eat as long as your body uses it all and doesn't store any of it. Ideally you you should be eating less than your body needs so it doesn't store any and also uses up a bit that it has stored. That way you are going to lose weight for sure but the hunger pains are the problem. Maybe if what you do eat is just nibbled over the whole day so there is no hunger pains. Just an idea that works for me.
mshafiq
Always eat in portion and having at least two hour gaps between two meal.Never eat full.Always have a habit of good exercise.Morning and evening exercise are the best.Try to eat healyhy food and avoid fatty food.Try to follow the food guide