FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How much is 35GB traffic?

twotrophy
I am considering to try out Frihost free web hosting so that I can try out and practise creating test websites. But how many visitors would the 35GB bandwidth limit allow? I am guessing that it would allow up to a few hundred visitors a day so it should be more than enough for starters. I have seen other free hosts which offer greater amount of bandwidth and/or more web space than Frihost but I am more comfortable and trust Frihost more.
truespeed
My site isn't hosted on frihost,but I get nearly 8000 visitors a day and 100k+ pageviews,this uses about 4gb of bandwidth daily,so yeah 35gb a month should be more than enough for most sites.
twotrophy
truespeed wrote:
My site isn't hosted on frihost,but I get nearly 8000 visitors a day and 100k+ pageviews,this uses about 4gb of bandwidth daily,so yeah 35gb a month should be more than enough for most sites.

Thank you Truespeed for your quick reply. I am surprised that someone replied to my post very soon after I have submitted it. This means that 1GB be equal to 2000 views for your website.
limpands
It depends on the size of pages and images. Can you give me some more information?
truespeed
twotrophy wrote:
truespeed wrote:

Thank you Truespeed for your quick reply. I am surprised that someone replied to my post very soon after I have submitted it. This means that 1GB be equal to 2000 views for your website.

1gb would be roughly 25 000 page views not 2.

It would depend on your type of site though,if It was image heavy it would use more,most my traffic comes to my forum,which obviously has a few images,but not large ones.

My blog has self hosted images but it doesn't,attract much traffic.
metalfreek
Answering this required a bit more information. If your site is image intensive than I don't think 35GB would be enough but for almost text based sites, this bandwidth will support nice amount of traffic.
twotrophy
metalfreek wrote:
Answering this required a bit more information. If your site is image intensive than I don't think 35GB would be enough but for almost text based sites, this bandwidth will support nice amount of traffic.

I plan my site to be just for me to learn how to create a website. It would probably have little or no images. This means that it would be more than enough for me. I hope to get my request approved within a few more days.
johans
truespeed wrote:

Wow! thats plenty of visitors.
twotrophy
Given the situation where many of the Frihost Staff are unavailable at the moment because they have other things in life, how long would it take to get my request approved? Would it take a week or two?
badai
given 1 page around 500k and your site have 4 pages, about 70,000 page views or 15,000 unique visitors.
Qantas94Heavy
twotrophy wrote:
I am considering to try out Frihost free web hosting so that I can try out and practise creating test websites. But how many visitors would the 35GB bandwidth limit allow? I am guessing that it would allow up to a few hundred visitors a day so it should be more than enough for starters. I have seen other free hosts which offer greater amount of bandwidth and/or more web space than Frihost but I am more comfortable and trust Frihost more.

It would depend on the file size of your website - if you are using a CMS some are more heavyweight than others. Most other hosts oversell significantly to attract users, however once they actually start using the bandwidth they may get suspended for "resource abuse". Except if you really are running really CPU-intensive scripts, it's extremely unlikely to get suspended from Frihost. Also, other hosts have limits on the number of files hidden in the TOS, as well as limits on the types of files allowed to host here. Frihost does technically have a "blanket rule" regarding excessive files, however for normal use this does not really matter (I'm using about 750MB and no issues on my end). Frihost does not have file size limits (unlike others, which may have 5MB limits or less), causing issues with uploading zip or tar.gz archives and/or some large SQL files. For test websites, Frihost's 35GB data transfer limit shall be more than adequate - it really is more than it sounds.
RosenCruz
I consume around 2 GB bw each month. No issues here Razz
Nyasro
i think 35gb is quite big