FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I'm losing weight!!

Da Rossa
Woohoo!! That's amazing. It's unprecedented.
I was at 160kg with 1,89m, which is a BMI of 44. This means that I'm officially sick: obesity.
Then I decided I don't want to be like this anymore. I'll spare you from the disadvantages of being fat.
So I sought professional assistance and started considering a bariatric surgery. I found this Doctor, who's very prestigious.
Fine.
But this surgery involves a lot of preparation, specially psychological. But the team is composed, besides the surgeon and the psychologist, of a nutritionist and an endocrinologist, plus the need to see a cardiologist and pneumologist to say their opinion. Im doing the entire tedious procedure to become qualified for the surgery.
BUT...
I realised the surgery has a lot of downsides too. My stomach would be reduced 99% of its size. It's invasive and is a last resort, if I fail to behave, then I'd have no other option when getting fat again. Not to mention everything I wouldn't be able to eat like I do today - or at least until three months ago.

What am I doing? I'm just finishing the exams (2 to go) so I can get a final answer about the possibility of the intervention. But I'm sticking along with the psychologist and the nutritionist (this one became my friend too) and I already lost 17 pounds. Far away from the goal, but en route!

Basicaly, I changed the quality of food I eat, started (yes, started) eating salad (yes, it's not that bad!) and, more importantly, started eating slowly, making sure to shred the food as much as I can. Last, I used to eat in a 8-hour interval, now I'm eating much more times a day, but only with a 3-hour interval.

No physical exercises at all.

I'm doing it! Just a change of behaviour. You can do it.

Gym will be the next step. No medication or any other invasive methods.
Ankhanu
Excellent! You're well on your way.
I should follow your footsteps. I'm not TOO fat, but, I could certainly use to trim down and be healthier.
Da Rossa
Good! Just remember:
- Each every three hours;
- Do chew, concentrate on the food you're eating; save time for the meal;
- Raise the quality of things you put inside.
- Prefer food made by your own hands.
Smile
Vanilla
Welcome to the healthy side: we have celery! I believe you'll do just fine changing your habits, the surgery is a big step and I know people who have gained weight even after trimming the stomach. Yes, sad but true. Razz

You should try exercising, you'll see how your mood will improve. I personally hate dieting but I love exercising, love me some endorphins. Very Happy
Da Rossa
I'll do it. I'll start walking. Then, I'd like to come to a point in which I can't stand living without exercising.
stanloplato
Since the beginning of this yr... i have been noticing increase in my weight and stomach size. this has been pissing me off.. recently i changed the type of food i eat and reduce the amount of sweet drinks i take like coke, fanta, pepsi etc. i reduce the amount of beer i consume too because recently i have been consuming alot of beer till i found out that it contains a lot of calories. i started taking cream soda zero suga, zero carbohydrate, but sweet. instead of other sugar drinks.

in less that 2 week, i noticed a great improvement.
dharmin
way to go man!!! keep it up!
I've also started to eat right and work out since last month, i hope to acheive my ideal body in a year! Very Happy
Da Rossa
Quote:
in less that 2 week, i noticed a great improvement.

You see? It's not THAT difficult. It's just a LITTLE change of paradigm. Then, you're already behaving differently and won't even notice it!
Benton
i eat and decrease the quantity of lovely beverages i take like coke, fanta, coke etc, i decrease the quantity of alcohol i eat too because lately i have been taking a lot of alcohol until i discovered out that it contains a lot of calorie consumption....
Da Rossa
Difficult to do, but a good thing. Replacing coke with juice for starters. Juice have calories too, but they're way more healthy.
deanhills
Well done Da Rossa! I missed this thread. That's an enormous achievement. Cool

Glad you have not gone for the surgery. I'd say surgery should probably only be reserved for severe cases of extreme obesity where all normal solutions have completely failed.
Da Rossa
Quote:
Glad you have not gone for the surgery.

Thanks Dean, but I'm still very eligible for the procedure. I am clinically considered "severely obese", despite my height. I used to think I'm just a 'above normal", but in fact I have to lose about 40% of my mass.
deanhills
Da Rossa wrote:
Quote:
Glad you have not gone for the surgery.

Thanks Dean, but I'm still very eligible for the procedure. I am clinically considered "severely obese", despite my height. I used to think I'm just a 'above normal", but in fact I have to lose about 40% of my mass.
OK I understand. Wish you the best for a positive outcome. Struggling with weight is not easy, particularly not when you are severely obese. Great that you are working on a solution.
Da Rossa
...and not only my doctor, head of the team, but also my nutritionist have pointed out I'm statístically very unlikely to lose weight "the easy way". Well, the latter has become my friend and she said: Well, according to my very intimate beliefe, my heart, I think yes, you can do it the hard way. But scientifically, it's not what have been occuring.

So I'm still up to decide. I WANT to lose weight... but I'm also not very disciplined.
metalfreek
I would love to follow your progress and improvements. Do regular update here so that we can see what you've been up to. It might be a great source of inspiration and a nice tutorials for others.
Da Rossa
Well if The problem is inspiration then there are plenty of blogs on that subject, even with pictures from before and after! Google them! But I'll keep you updated. Next week ill get back there, so ill check my weight!

Other relevant thing: I've changed some of my diet and curiously I'm going more often to the bathroom. This is good, means my system is processing faster!! Last week i couldn't go more than once in every two days!
johans
good for you! that is good.

I am also doing some exercise now to make my body proportional. I dont like fat at my upper body specially my tummy. lol
Da Rossa
johans wrote:

I am also doing some exercise now to make my body proportional. I dont like fat at my upper body specially my tummy. lol

That's where it's all supposed to begin: with you not liking something. Smile
deanhills
Da Rossa wrote:
johans wrote:

That's where it's all supposed to begin: with you not liking something. Smile
Would be interested if you explained this in detail. Very Happy
codegeek
Congratulations. I am thinking about starting some sort of daily exercise soon. I think I will begin with something simple like push ups and go from there. I went to the gym once with my friend, and remember feeling awesome when I stepped out after an hour of exercise.
deanhills
codegeek wrote:
Congratulations. I am thinking about starting some sort of daily exercise soon. I think I will begin with something simple like push ups and go from there. I went to the gym once with my friend, and remember feeling awesome when I stepped out after an hour of exercise.
Reminds me that I should be exercising more too. Think I'll restart my program first thing tomorrow morning. You've just motivated me to get into ACTION!
deanhills
I'm wondering how you are doing Da Rossa as we haven't heard from you since your last post in this thread. Would be great to hear from you. Smile
Da Rossa
Well, let me post an update to you:
I've got on a cold cloud in my weight loss project. In a period of three weeks, I lost only 0,2kg. No worries, since I didn't increase a single gram since I started until the last measure, which was about three weeks ago.
Two weeks ago I travelled to my father's city and in there I got out of rail. Also, I got very sick in there; I'm experiencing a strong flu, caughs, blocked nose, weekness, dry lips. I even missed my psychologist session today, which was to talk about the weight.

But I DO NOT INTEND TO QUIT!!
deanhills
Da Rossa wrote:
Well, let me post an update to you:
I've got on a cold cloud in my weight loss project. In a period of three weeks, I lost only 0,2kg. No worries, since I didn't increase a single gram since I started until the last measure, which was about three weeks ago.
Two weeks ago I travelled to my father's city and in there I got out of rail. Also, I got very sick in there; I'm experiencing a strong flu, caughs, blocked nose, weekness, dry lips. I even missed my psychologist session today, which was to talk about the weight.

But I DO NOT INTEND TO QUIT!!
Great stuff Da Rossa! Wonderful to see you posting again, and also to learn you haven't given up. Also nice to hear you've almost graduated!
Da Rossa
Yeah, while my friends are already attorneys at law and making money Razz
But I'll be good!
deanhills
Da Rossa wrote:
Yeah, while my friends are already attorneys at law and making money Razz
But I'll be good!
I'm sure you'll be excellent. Do you have an idea what you want to specialize in?
Da Rossa
Well, my dream was always to be a lawyer. However, here in Brazil things are complicated for young lawyers; the ones doing well are those who have family already in the business, since the market is saturated. Also, lawyers do not have a peaceful life in here. So I'm under pressure from my family to go to the public sector, and maybe I'll become a prosecutor, or judiciary analyst, or even a judge!

About the area: I like all areas in Law. I just would have to study back some of them. Maybe a public prosecutor for consumer defense, or a criminal prosecutor. Smile
mshafiq
I am also losing weight as i have a habit of drinking Luke warm lemon water early in the morning as soon as i woke up.My this habit changed my life for ever.Because Luke warm water with lemon drops cleans my digestive system by removing all unwanted material.In this way whole day i feel happy and fresh.Because lemon has very important role in freshens of skin.It is good cleaner of Liver and digestive system.
With this habit i am not gaining weight.I am happy and smart
Try it
Vanilla
How's it going, Da Rossa? I've started to go to the gym again and I can already feel the difference. Very Happy
mshafiq
I am also feeling a great difference in my body weight by doing few easy steps.I am very glade to share with you my weight loss secret.
Here some important and easy step that help a lot in weight lose as i am doing for me too.
First one is always eat in small portion instead of eating a lot at a time. Like eat five to six small meal daily instead of eating big meal.
Foods with healthy fats like olives, salmon and walnuts they are very good to eat as you will not feel hungery very early.
Oat cereal is very good. Eating a cup of oatmeal in the morning will prevent you from gorging in the afternoon.
One important thing is that always plane a head so that we have less chances to eat unhealthy food.
Never ever try to skip meal.because this is not a good idea.
Always have vegetables on hand. big bag of frozen mixed vegetables in olive oil and garlic. Add some red pepper or turmeric for additional flavor.
Always try to share your weight loss goals with your friends and family.In this way you have more ideas and more information about how to controll body weight.
Da Rossa
I'm glad to inform you that I'm back on the saddle! On the diet again, and, even better, now I'm back on the workout too! This time I'll prevail!
abhinavm24
got n eat something.

Surprised