FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Issues with YouTube

XchaosX
Ok so for months now there has been a glitch going around where the views of videos reads 301 on top of that I look at my stats my stats say it has no views but my video says differently now every time I upload a video I get this letterbox effect on my videos. And they are not showing up on search even though they are public. Is anyone else having this problem
Mr_Howl
I've heard that the "301 Views" thing happens because after 300 views, Google checks to see if the views are legitimate. This is to prevent spammers and botnets from racking up lots of views so that their videos appears as "Trending" or whatever. After Google confirms that your views are real, then you'll see the number change.

I'm not sure about the other problems.
playfungames
I have had my video views paused at around 301 level. Then after a day, the number changes and pauses at another number. Then the same goes on. I think that YouTube video views are updated only after a certain number of hours (24 hours maybe). They do not work like site counters, view counters that normally update in real time.

But, since you've mentioned that your video count has been stuck for a month, may be just may be, it is not receiving any legitimate views.
deanhills
I haven't had any 301 views problems, so looks as though I must have viewed YouTube videos that are not as "heavily" viewed. I do find however that the UAE is periodically excluded from some of the viewing, so I'd get a message that the UAE is not on the list of approved viewers for the YouTube video. Sort of irritating as I can't remember any of those blocked videos having any content that could significantly affect viewers. They are all pretty much apolitical, average run of the mill type videos.
XchaosX
Do you mean that my viewers have to watch the videos on YouTube I post my videos on my website, google + Facebook twiter and even MySpace if that is the case the share feature is useless
Mr_Howl
XchaosX wrote:
Do you mean that my viewers have to watch the videos on YouTube I post my videos on my website, google + Facebook twiter and even MySpace if that is the case the share feature is useless

No, I'm pretty sure that embedded views count toward your total.
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
I haven't had any 301 views problems, so looks as though I must have viewed YouTube videos that are not as "heavily" viewed. I do find however that the UAE is periodically excluded from some of the viewing, so I'd get a message that the UAE is not on the list of approved viewers for the YouTube video. Sort of irritating as I can't remember any of those blocked videos having any content that could significantly affect viewers. They are all pretty much apolitical, average run of the mill type videos.

Is it blocked on your side, or at YouTube.com? That is really kind of strange. Sounds like China.

Are there workarounds for you? Is that how you are seeing videos you are not supposed to see? What about IP proxy?
XchaosX
IceCreamTruck wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Is it blocked on your side, or at YouTube.com? That is really kind of strange. Sounds like China.

Are there workarounds for you? Is that how you are seeing videos you are not supposed to see? What about IP proxy?

No I think what he means is his viewers are not approved meaning that they are bots, they are three ways that a video can be blocked that I know of one is copyright content, two is offensive life threatening, nudity stuff that is crime related ex the video that those terrorist kidnapped that Jew and threaten him to cut his head off and they did and posted it on YouTube for everyone to see. The third is mature content such as language and someone drunk on the video etc these videos all you have to do is gave a YouTube account with the appropriate age to watch these video, so that dose not count as blocked really.
IceCreamTruck
XchaosX wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
deanhills wrote:

No I think what he means is his viewers are not approved meaning that they are bots, they are three ways that a video can be blocked that I know of one is copyright content, two is offensive life threatening, nudity stuff that is crime related ex the video that those terrorist kidnapped that Jew and threaten him to cut his head off and they did and posted it on YouTube for everyone to see. The third is mature content such as language and someone drunk on the video etc these videos all you have to do is gave a YouTube account with the appropriate age to watch these video, so that dose not count as blocked really.

I know that youtube does block some content based on region. I think that's what's happening.
metalfreek
All right here is the answer to youtube video stuck at 301

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIkhgagvrjI
deanhills
metalfreek wrote:
All right here is the answer to youtube video stuck at 301

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIkhgagvrjI
Aha .... I've seen this explanation before. Forgotten about it, but it makes great sense. In addition to the regional thing ICT has mentioned.