FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Microsoft uses pirated software

thiamshui
Members of a former software-cracking group exposed that Microsoft have used illegally reverse engineered to create some of the content of Windows XP. The files in question are 9 .wav sound files.

The files are located in the "WINDOWS\Help\Tours\WindowsMediaPlayer\Audio\Wav" directory of Windows XP. If these files are opened with a HEX editor the code contains the signature "Deepz0ne", who was a member of former cracking group "Radium"

The signature has been positively identified as "authentic for the cracked version of Sound Forge 4.5".

This all means that there are grounds for a massive copyright-infringement lawsuit for Microsoft.

What do you think?
webbone
Microsoft will cost 1000000000000..... $ to someone,lol:
blueknot
wow.

a breakthru.

that means we can use pirated window XP from now. lol.

haha
S3nd K3ys
Here's a bablefish translation of the german site that reported this.

here

MS may have used pirated software to create product for commercial use.

I'm sure these were created with a contractor. This type of stuff is help files,
and MS typically outsources this kind of thing to some media production
studio.
Helios
Who cares? (except bill =] )
Richous05
Humm..... Naughty microsoft i couldnt give a S**t that i am using a copy of xp pro muhahahahaha there a bunch of fakes although i wouldnt mind working there the wages must be extream!
bananaphone
Actually I have heard thats not true. It was made up by some crazy mac-happy fan.
crypt
is there a word from MS about this?
yjwong
Hmm...nope.
cheeta
whats new... if MS can getway after stilling a whole OS concept (from apple)... then they r certainly capable to getway with this... Confused Confused
screwforge
It wouldn't be unbelievable from Uncle Billy to get that.
However, as always, Micro$oft will have $1000000 given to some of his lawyers, and the guy who discovered the thing will get busted.
Poor man!

PS: Window$ suckz! Get Linux!!!
lbs
I wouldn't be surprised if 20% of windows is pirated. Heck, we oughta sue em for multiuser cabability! Unix invented that!

(Iknow my spellin's terrible. brain aint workin right anymor!!!)
GrimReaper77
After MS came through the anti-trust case with few real scars, this would be kid stuff to downplay / sweep under the carpet.

.... moot point if its a rumor....

And what S3nd K3ys says is true. It's pretty likely that MS outsourced this and other 'frivolous' things...
amaudy
Antitrust The movie.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
mrby
haha... This is really good news for me.

[quote="thiamshui"]Members of a former software-cracking group exposed that Microsoft have used illegally reverse engineered to create some of the content of Windows XP. The files in question are 9 .wav sound files.

The files are located in the "WINDOWS\Help\Tours\WindowsMediaPlayer\Audio\Wav" directory of Windows XP. If these files are opened with a HEX editor the code contains the signature "Deepz0ne", who was a member of former cracking group "Radium"

The signature has been positively identified as "authentic for the cracked version of Sound Forge 4.5".

This all means that there are grounds for a massive copyright-infringement lawsuit for Microsoft.

What do you think?[/quote]