FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mailing the resume

codersfriend
Hello, I saw a job that requires applicants to send a resume and a photocopy of transcript to the human resource manager. How do you send resume's via snailmail? Do you use large brown envelopes or smaller ones? Thanks Smile
Allie
I think that it would be better to use a large envelope, so that you wouldn't have to fold your resume too much. But I don't know for sure. I've never had to send a resume by snailmail myself Smile
Mr_Howl
The HR manager doesn't have an email address to which you can send this stuff? That seems really odd. But anyway, I think either would be fine.
jmraker
You can use a regular envelope. If you know how you can use your printer to make out the envelope. To help it stand out you can use a stiffer off-white (light cream or light brown) sheet of paper that is folded twice for three sections like the paper in most utility bills.
IndieCthulhu
Like Jmraker said, Just fold it onto 3 sections and post in a regular envelope.

Though i would also write down a cover letter with the name of the company you are applying for on the head of the letter, much like a utility bill, so that it can be seen in the window of the envelope when being mailed.
badai
send it in large envelope. so that you don't have to fold and when they stack all in their table (inside the envelopes) yours wouldn't get lost.

if you also have to mail your cert copy, definitely use a large envelope.

don't forget to write a cover letter too.