FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Recommend some mobile phones to me

likeabreeze
I'm currently considering throwing away my old mobile phone, which is extremely outdated and old-fashioned.
But when I browsed tens of thousands of mobile phones on the internet, I knew it's never easy to select a mobile phone nowadays.
I'm not like those who are addicted to mobile phone games app, twitter, facebook or something like that. I really want something that is extensible, explorable, or even complicated.
So, I guess smart mobile phone must be my choice. (Java-enabled mobile phone is not enough, right?)
How about Windows Mobile 6.5, even though Microsoft won't support it anymore?
cybersa
Then you could try new os like
1.Firefox
2.Tizen
3.Sail Fish
4.Ubuntu Touch

These are the new OS,so you could explore it in your way.

Window 6.5 is very old,for this you can try try Windows phone 8. Wink
likeabreeze
cybersa wrote:
Then you could try new os like
1.Firefox
2.Tizen
3.Sail Fish
4.Ubuntu Touch

These are the new OS,so you could explore it in your way.

Window 6.5 is very old,for this you can try try Windows phone 8. Wink

Sounds nice.
And, how about Android? It's becoming popular these days
codegeek
I think the future of phone OS is definitely android. With the feature set and the play store, it is definitely the number one OS in portable devices like phones and tablets right now. About a year ago, I bought a Samsung Wave 2 which had a Bada OS. I thought as long as it is a smartphone, the OS does not make much of a difference. Although I soon upgraded to Bada 2.0, I was not satisfied with it. Well, I have regretted my decision and have switched to an android phone. The Samsung android phones are pretty good. Smile
manfer
codegeek wrote:
I think the future of phone OS is definitely android.

Android on non Apple devices and Apple iOS on Apple devices. Both.

About which are the best phones today I would choose:

Apple iPhone 5
Samsung Galaxy S3 (S4 comming soon)
Google Nexus 4
HTC One
Sony Xperia Z
deanhills
Found a Website that compares 17 Smart Phones and has plenty of information about smart phones in general and the individual products which are compared item by item. Interesting reading. Apple iPhone5 is first (9.9/10) followed by Samsung Galaxy III S [9.8], Motorola Droid Razr HD (9.65), LG Optimus G (9.3Cool, and Google Nexus (9.2) in fourth place. Sony Xperia TL is in 8th place.
http://cell-phones.toptenreviews.com/smartphones/
Nyasro
nokia lumia!!!
Radar
It does sound like you'd be happier with an Android phone than the walled garden of iOS.
iodus
Samsung - android phones.
one of the best quality/price effort.
cybersa
Which Android phone do is choose?
http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/best-android-phone-which-should-you-buy-717819
sark
Generally, the Samsung ones are considered the standard (I have an S2 which works great). You might also try an HTC or a google Nexus.
RosenCruz
Try Nexus or HTC. I believe you wont regret
Deline
I guess Android is a good call, in your case. It's full of options and you can personalize it the way you want.. Smile
deanhills
I bought a Nokia 100 in South Africa. No frills phone. Only phones and does text messages. Battery lasts for a week. 26.22 USD, bottom of the range cost wise and a very fast seller.

Here is a review of the phone:

playfungames
If you want a good mobile phone at a good price, I'd recommend Google Nexus 4. This phone is priced lower than competing phones with similar specifications. You can easily get one at a subsidized price at the google play store.

The only thing that I do not like about this phone is that the battery cannot be removed by us and so it cannot be replaced by us. There is no option for extended storage as well. Otherwise, the phone is great. I think that if you are not into installing apps, but are more into taking pics and more interested in the style/design and power of the phone, this phone will do great.
foumy6
Just got an iphone 5 and I love it. I really found android apps more glitchy.
raaeft1
Go in for HTC Desire and its variants.Nokia too has improved,I am told.
But I would always prefer Apple IPhone despite its several flaws.
itsmemarti
Nothing beats the classic...Still am using Nokia 1202
riteshk1
hey, what about Samsung android mobile phones, best quality, best features.
XchaosX
iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 or if u want to go cheaper get an android phone they are pretty decent
zimmer
try the new blackberry.
Vanilla
I would love to recommed the Motorola Razr D1 and D3, but these phones were launched only in Brazil. They're Android phones (Jelly Bean 4.1) with lots of features, decent screen size (3.5 and 4 inches, respectively), powerful processor and a very good price. It's no surprise that tis almost impossible to find them, the things are selling like water in the middle of the desert.

Overall, get an Android phone with a 4 inches screen and a dual core processor. That would be my recommendation. I was inclined to buy a Windows phone, but they are lacking in the apps department. And to be honest, I want a phone to use the Duolingo app so I can practice my German while I'm away from my "real" computer. Smile
metalfreek
Here is my wishlist
1. Google Nexus 4
2. Samsung Galaxy S4
3. Nokia Lumia 920
spinout
Hm, my issue with cellphones is big fingers and a small screen... My 3.5 " screen is too small... buy a bigger one!
deanhills
I'm thinking of getting Samsung4 for myself. A bit on the pricy side, but looks like a fun phone to have. I'm hesitating however, as do I really need an android phone when I'm on desktops most of the time? My old Nokia 1100 is still alive and kicking. Only needs to have its battery recharged once a week.

So maybe I'll postpone my decision for an android until I really need to have it, i.e. I don't have a fixed home, and am traveling all of the time. Something like that. And instead, upgrade my home computer.

So if I were you I'd first ask myself. Do I really need a fancy phone? And why?
75alex
Smartphones are pretty useful, even if you don't travel a lot, just to get infos on buses, tickets, or anything really, makes planning lots more comfortable and more flexible !
deanhills
75alex wrote:
Smartphones are pretty useful, even if you don't travel a lot, just to get infos on buses, tickets, or anything really, makes planning lots more comfortable and more flexible !
I can do it on my computer too. Either at work or at home. And yes, that is handy.
raaeft1
You could try Samsung Note2 or Sony Xperia Z if you are looking for good smartphones.
I recently purchased a Samsung Note2 and it is fine once you master the Note operations.
Both the phones are Android-based and are comparable to an IPhone.
Marcuzzo
playfungames wrote:
If you want a good mobile phone at a good price, I'd recommend Google Nexus 4. This phone is priced lower than competing phones with similar specifications. You can easily get one at a subsidized price at the google play store.

The only thing that I do not like about this phone is that the battery cannot be removed by us and so it cannot be replaced by us. There is no option for extended storage as well. Otherwise, the phone is great. I think that if you are not into installing apps, but are more into taking pics and more interested in the style/design and power of the phone, this phone will do great.

I had one of these until it broke down. took it to the repair center and they told me that it had water damage. the only time it could have gotten water on it was when I had the phone in my pants when it was raining. couldn't be more then a few drops Crying or Very sad

it's sad because the phone is quite amazing. 8mp camera, Full HD video, front camera, and so on.
but like you said, it also has it's flaws.

IMO, the CONS:
1. no extended memory because google want's you to use the cloud.
2. 16GB internal space of which you only get 12 because the rest is used up by the system.
3. low battery life
4. heating up, this phone will heat up quicker then you can imagine
5. you can't open the phone to remove the battery ( personally I hate this fact)
6. not all USB chargers will actually charge this device properly, only use the one that shipped with it.
7. if you drop it, chances are that you will crack the glass backplate and void the warranty.

EDIT: Oh yes, and it is not water proof Crying or Very sad

PRO's:
1. very good camera
2. this is a fast phone, this quad-core powered cellphone has a performance that would easily impress iphone fanboys.
3. the video quality is also amazing.
4. the price is the killer here. I paid 396 for this phone.
abhinavm24
well i you can carry yourself with a 7inch screen, i would say try google nexus 7,,
it doesn't have calling facility, Rolling Eyes
but the specs n price are more than awesome. Embarassed
deanhills
Marcuzzo wrote:
playfungames wrote:

I had one of these until it broke down. took it to the repair center and they told me that it had water damage. the only time it could have gotten water on it was when I had the phone in my pants when it was raining. couldn't be more then a few drops Crying or Very sad

it's sad because the phone is quite amazing. 8mp camera, Full HD video, front camera, and so on.
but like you said, it also has it's flaws.

IMO, the CONS:
1. no extended memory because google want's you to use the cloud.
2. 16GB internal space of which you only get 12 because the rest is used up by the system.
3. low battery life
4. heating up, this phone will heat up quicker then you can imagine
5. you can't open the phone to remove the battery ( personally I hate this fact)
6. not all USB chargers will actually charge this device properly, only use the one that shipped with it.
7. if you drop it, chances are that you will crack the glass backplate and void the warranty.

EDIT: Oh yes, and it is not water proof Crying or Very sad

PRO's:
1. very good camera
2. this is a fast phone, this quad-core powered cellphone has a performance that would easily impress iphone fanboys.
3. the video quality is also amazing.
4. the price is the killer here. I paid 396 for this phone.
Awesome post, thanks Marcuzzo. I was checking out Nexus in Future Shop, Vancouver, Canada a couple of days ago. Couldn't buy it, as most phones are locked in by providers in Canada. But was wondering what the pros and cons were, so now you've given them all. The con that would put me off for sure is the lack of a battery life. Which mobile phone has the most efficient battery life in your opinion?
gwencorwin123
Choice of smartphone depends on your budget. If you want more features in less range then you can go for samsung otherwise htc or ipjone is a better option if you can buy expensive phones.