FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A sentence about faith

uzfrrdam9992
A sentence about faith :

"To sleep with having sincere faith in religion and God is better than to pray with wavering faith"
ocalhoun
Well, I will say a good night's sleep will do your health a lot better than any prayer would. ^.^
Pande
Is that supposed to say without the first time?
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
Well, I will say a good night's sleep will do your health a lot better than any prayer would. ^.^
Depending on the person and what he/she believes in perhaps both can work together for good health. Some people find peace in prayer, and that makes them sleep better, hence praying just before they go to sleep. Those who sleep well may wake up happy and rested, and have a spontaneous need for expressing their gratitude in prayer or chanting or whatever. Different strokes for different folks.
nickfyoung
To pray with wavering faith is pretty pointless. If you have the faith that there is some one to pray to and then pray and not believe that he hears you or answers prayers is pretty pointless. Many prayers are please God type prayers, asking, begging, pleading, etc and will generally get you nowhere. It is generally accepted that God has done all he is going to do for you at the cross and all one has to do now is appropriate it whether it be for health or anything else. So the majority of your prayers should perhaps be those of thanks now.
ocalhoun
nickfyoung wrote:
To pray with wavering faith is pretty pointless. [...] It is generally accepted that God has done all he is going to do for you at the cross

So praying with strong faith is also pointless?
Since everything that will be done for you already has been done already.
nickfyoung
ocalhoun wrote:
nickfyoung wrote:
To pray with wavering faith is pretty pointless. [...] It is generally accepted that God has done all he is going to do for you at the cross

Done already yes, but still has to be appropriated by faith. For instance, if you get sick you can pray something to the effect, thank you for my healing at the cross, I have been healed so I refuse to accept this sickness. I claim healing in the name of Jesus.
ocalhoun
nickfyoung wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
nickfyoung wrote:

Done already yes, but still has to be appropriated by faith. For instance, if you get sick you can pray something to the effect, thank you for my healing at the cross, I have been healed so I refuse to accept this sickness. I claim healing in the name of Jesus.

How, then, should one interpret it if they pray like that and are not healed?
Ankhanu
ocalhoun wrote:

nickfyoung
ocalhoun wrote:
nickfyoung wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
nickfyoung wrote:

That is the burning question and answered in various way. Some say that the person praying did not have enough faith and some say that the person being prayed for did not have enough faith etc. The fact remains that some people don't get healed when they are prayed for while many do. If some one has established a ministry in praying for the sick he generally has much success but there will still be an odd one not effected by his prayer. Some will get instant healing and then lose it the next day or days to come. There are various answers for that too. Many get healed and are healed permanently.
If you get sick you can stand on the word and not accept it as I stated above. I suffer from arthritis but have claimed my healing and am expecting it to happen in due course. In the mean time I don't have much pain and what I do get sometimes is quite bearable and so I don't have to take any medication.
ocalhoun
nickfyoung wrote:
I suffer from arthritis but have claimed my healing and am expecting it to happen in due course.

That just raises further questions...

If the miracle of healing has already been performed, and you've already appropriated it, why must you wait?
nickfyoung
ocalhoun wrote:
nickfyoung wrote:
I suffer from arthritis but have claimed my healing and am expecting it to happen in due course.

That just raises further questions...

If the miracle of healing has already been performed, and you've already appropriated it, why must you wait?

Some do and some don't. No real answers why.
johans
here is my faith quote

“Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong.”
ocalhoun
nickfyoung wrote:
No real answers why.

I take it you're okay with this.

Well, have fun with that then.
deanhills
Don't know why, but this discussion reminded me of this speech by Hamlet. It has to be seen against his own unique state of mind .... depressed to the point of being suicidal. Point being we all find our "faith" or re-affirm our "doubts" in our own unique way, but in the end NONE of us know what the answers are. I.e. is there really nothing after we die, or something? If one has faith, there is something, but obviously with no answers as faith does not come with answers, if it did, it wouldn't be faith. If one wants more than faith, in other words demand an answer, then of course one can only accept that there is nothing, as there is no evidence that there is something. But, then of course how could one be certain there is nothing in absence of evidence for or against? So in a way there is no answer for that either.

shawnlam
ocalhoun asked:

Quote:

God is sovereign. That means that he makes decisions according to His will and is in no way required to submit to our desires. He will respond affirmatively to some of our prayers, while others may get a partial yes, a no, or even an answer of, "Not yet." Sometimes God will allow a particular circumstance to occur (not caused by Him), while other times He has a particular purpose in making other situations come to be (caused by Him).

If you have arthritis, cancer, or even a reputation as a murderer, God has the ability to immediately remove that particular infirmity from you. Whether or not He chooses to exercise that ability is completely His decision, but He has His own reasons for the decisions that He makes. In some cases, such as the apostle Paul, he allows us to have a thorn in our flesh to keep us from "exalting" ourselves. That exaltation can be described as giving ourselves the glory that only God deserves, which is basically a way to keep us humble. Other times, our infirmities are allowed to continue in order to teach us something, or to allow something else to be accomplished for the glory of God. Whatever the case, God knows far better than any living person what needs to happen to accomplish his goals, and the will of God will be done.

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't pray, especially since the answer could be, "Not yet." Not praying for a healing or removal of infirmities would not make sense, because the Bible says in James 4 that, "you have not because you ask not," and it also says something like, "when you ask and you do not receive, it is because you ask wrongly," which probably means that we are asking with improper motives.