FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to embed dll in exe?

codegeek
I have made a program using the SFML library in codeblocks. My goal was to embed all the resources (images, fonts, sounds etc,) into the exe itself and also statically link the library so as to create a single exe file. To a large extent, I have been successful. I used bin2c ko create header files for the resources and embedded them into the exe. I also managed to use static linking so that I wouldn't need most of the dll files of the library.

However, my problem is that I have three dll files remaining which I have not been able to embed into the final exe. Apparently, SFML uses external audio libraries, so I have openAL32.dll and libsndfile-1.dll for the audio that were not statically linked. Finally, I also have libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll which is not linked. In order to run the exe, I need to include these dlls in the same directory as the exe, otherwise the program will refuse to open. So, my question is: How do I embed these files so as to create a single exe? Is it even possible? I have searched the internet for any solutions, but I am stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
tdossi
When writing programs, we almost always use external files such as. Dll files. If the program is then released as exe. Need it to. Dll to work.

ILMerge is called the Microsoft tool that allows to combine different. NET project files into one file. The tool is command line based and therefore only a single. Exe. Although there are GUIs for ILMerge but the handling is very simple. Even if those included in the download, not the documentation suggests.

Copies ILMerge (. Exe) your project. Exe and all external files that are to be integrated into a single directory. CMD and go:

ilmerge /out:Final.exe Projekt.exe ExternFunctions.dll ExternData.dll

Download:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17630
CHAOS-THEORY
Read here Several Resources/Compiling executable ; u can just extract them in their resource default directory, and theres an install for Open Al it just extracts in the system dir, use the same principe for ur DLLs. for the rest read the Link