FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Private window

Tony The Tiger
I have recently noticed that when I right click on a navigation link in Firefox 20.0.1 there is a new option. Previously I had the options of "Open Link in New Tab" and "Open Link in New Window". Now, I see a third option "Open Link in New Private Window" What is a private window in this context?
cybersa
Tony The Tiger wrote:
I have recently noticed that when I right click on a navigation link in Firefox 20.0.1 there is a new option. Previously I had the options of "Open Link in New Tab" and "Open Link in New Window". Now, I see a third option "Open Link in New Private Window" What is a private window in this context?

It will open a new Private Window with turning off the History log for that window only.
Private window keeps your secret.
Also no more links will not save in your History on that window when you open a new link on that window.

More Info:http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/private-browsing-browse-web-without-saving-info
Tony The Tiger
cybersa wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

It will open a new Private Window with turning off the History log for that window only.
Also no more links will not save in your History on that window when you open a new link on that window.

More Info:http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/private-browsing-browse-web-without-saving-info

Wow! That is pretty slick. They need to make something similar for cellphones so that you can communicate on phones withoug it appearing in your recent call log.
likeabreeze
Tony The Tiger wrote:
cybersa wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

Wow! That is pretty slick. They need to make something similar for cellphones so that you can communicate on phones withoug it appearing in your recent call log.

Well,i do not think there is a need for this,the reason is obvious:cellphone itself is a private stuff!
Tony The Tiger
likeabreeze wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:
cybersa wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

Well,i do not think there is a need for this,the reason is obvious:cellphone itself is a private stuff!

A cellphone is no more private than a laptop. I have a password to sign on to my laptop and my cellphone.
Mr_Howl
On Android phones, you can long-press a record in your call log to delete it.
Tony The Tiger
Mr_Howl wrote:
On Android phones, you can long-press a record in your call log to delete it.

I was watching some detective shows recently where this was an issue. Deleting a call from the log on your handset does not delete it from the log on your bill. On some recent television show, this was used to establish motive by showing that someone was in fact cheating even though they deleted their phone log. This was also relevant on an episode of Season 1 of American Horror Story.