FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Joomla or Wordpress?

Nervil0
Joomla or Wordpress? and where do i get free web hosting?
im using ImCreator.com & Wix.com at the moment.. but want to switch to a completely free and effective one.
Ankhanu
Free web host?

Frihost??
Nyasro
wordpress is better i think

and frihost is the free host
nixink
Haven't worked with Wordpress but I found, after getting the hang of Joomla, that it's more than just a little fun... although I like the idea of being able to create interfaces and elements from scratch using design programs likes Photoshop and CirelDRAW
dharmin
I prefer wordpress... and Frihost for the Hosting ofcourse! Very Happy
WendyD
It depends on for what purposes you're developing your website. For example - for blog clearly the best solution will be WordPress, but for online store I would more recommend Joomla Virtuemart or Shopify. Pick a CMS for a functionality of your future website.

P.S. and I don't recommend to use free hosting.
Insanity
I've worked with both WordPress and Joomla, and I agree with the above poster that it greatly depends on the type of website you are constructing. I think Joomla is much more functional than WordPress, and you can definitely do a lot more with Joomla. But Wordpress is more straightforward and you can do things easier with it.
cps31
For me its always wordpress and it is SEO friendly as well.
coolclay
I've tried for a little while to get the hang of Joomla but it's not very intuitive in my opinion. I haven't used wordpress before but I here it's really easy to understand but not very versatile.

Wendy why do you advise against free hosting while posting on free hosting forum. I am just curious and mean no offense. I have been hosted by Frihost almost since it has existed and had another free host before this one. That's about 13 years total with free hosting and while not 100% reliable, it's been extremely reliable in my opinion.

Frihost especially has been true, honest, and reliable since day one, and I will sing their praises forever!
dude_xyx
coolclay wrote:
I've tried for a little while to get the hang of Joomla but it's not very intuitive in my opinion. I haven't used wordpress before but I here it's really easy to understand but not very versatile.

Wendy why do you advise against free hosting while posting on free hosting forum. I am just curious and mean no offense. I have been hosted by Frihost almost since it has existed and had another free host before this one. That's about 13 years total with free hosting and while not 100% reliable, it's been extremely reliable in my opinion.

Frihost especially has been true, honest, and reliable since day one, and I will sing their praises forever!

I think she meant because for a real business it's better to host your site on a paid host. Frihost is exceptionally good but still if you are building a big site it might be a problem like it can effect server load etc. I don't think even one of those cheap $1 hosting providers are good for a serious business site.

I think Wordpress is a really good base for any type of site. You can customize it and create anything a shopping site (with plugins like woocommerce) or classified site etc.
amagard
coolclay wrote:
I've tried for a little while to get the hang of Joomla but it's not very intuitive in my opinion....

I agree to coolclay: Joomla ( like Drupal ) is not very intuitive to start with; without some training it is hard to get something up and running. Wordpress is easier to use, it is a bloggging platform but you can use it to publish any type of content.

Just was reading a couple of days ago about a free Joomla hosting offering here: https://www.joomla.com/
mehtabhk
joomla is more powerfull and best cms... you should use these...
for best and professional hosting consider buying a plan...