FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

dotfree.com

bogisha
I recently found this one, it is free domain service which gives you top level domain with .free extension... This service not working yet but it is available for preregistering, and it should start by the end of 2013... Sounds like a cool project so check it out

http://www.dotfree.com
twotrophy
Thank you for sharing this with us. But I think that this domain appears unprofessional. Having an indication that your domain name is free does not look very nice. But I am still going to consider using this domain when it gets released. By the way, have you heard of alternative DNS roots such as Opennic? They are alternatives of the official DNS system.
truespeed
There is a post on this from 2011,back then they were asking for pre-registers and saying they would be available by 2012,now looking at the site they are saying maybe 2013/2014,so they keep pushing the available date back.

Seems dodgy to me.
johans
if it is available in the end of 2013 that is too much long.

you can get a domain name in minutes in dot.tk for free without waiting that long.
bogisha
I know i got .tk domain, just want to share this one... I agree .free don't look professional, but i'm just big fan of "free" like free operating systems (ubuntu activist) free software, and why not free domain.
twotrophy
Hopefully, .free domains wouldn't require any personal information as I believe in anonymity on the Internet although I doubt this belief because people can do bad things when they are anonymous.
Mevans9860
There is a website hosting called: Host39.com that offers a .host39.com hosting account with unlimited email accounts, unlimited space and much much more. Also I use to have accounts through Iwebs.ws where they offered the same features, Also there is another one called freehostingcloud.com that also offers similar features.
Glaydur
twotrophy wrote:
Thank you for sharing this with us. But I think that this domain appears unprofessional. Having an indication that your domain name is free does not look very nice. But I am still going to consider using this domain when it gets released. By the way, have you heard of alternative DNS roots such as Opennic? They are alternatives of the official DNS system.

Actually it's a cool end name for your website if you're giving stuff away for free or hosting contests with prizes for free or even a charity! It's a good break from the professional and generic TLDs.

I'm actually interested to hear about Opennic. Can it be used like a TLD for your site? Is it free?
Nyasro
i will check it out
codegeek
It might be useful for someone just starting out on blogging. Yes, it would be perfect for charity! Giving stuff away from www.something.free sounds pretty cool.
Nyasro
I dont think its free, it says they will come back with privacy policy and domain registration process. It's just free for booking not for registration, i think as i read "all the answer" section
RoylanM
I hope it's not going to take 2013/2014, it'd really be a blessing if the .free extension is released in the middle of the summer no later than fall.
tom204
Thank you for sharing this one but it's so long time for waiting.
oksms
Timeline Expected date
Preregistration of .free domains Available!
General availability / .free domains online 2013/2014

preregister now and get the .free in 2014, not a good offer mind you
zimmer
bogisha wrote:
I recently found this one, it is free domain service which gives you top level domain with .free extension... This service not working yet but it is available for preregistering, and it should start by the end of 2013... Sounds like a cool project so check it out

http://www.dotfree.com

Not tested yet.

I guess dot.tk is been tested on this free domain.
dustindallas
I think the pre-registration of the .free domain is a little misleading.. but, I submitted a couple of tld's that I might end up registering as the service becomes available anyway.
andro27
HI
If you have good project dont use free domain. When your page is very popular ,registrar disconect your domain. Better ,you buy domain com is good,info or any other payed domain. For good project you must have good domain.Domain is cheap 5$ - 15$./y