FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harry Potter, Are you into it?

ip008
Are you a fan of the Harry Potter book?
if so...

Why?
What's your favorite book?

--------------------------------

Personally I like Harry Potter.

I think that JK Rowling does a great job at each book and she writes them in a "layered" way. What I mean by "layered" is she writes in a way that makes her basic story plot understandable for children. But for someone looking deep into her stories, you find history, foreshadowing, and things beyond what most children are capable of picking up.
ralex
i love reading harry potter books, but i'm not a die hard fan like some of those people who dress up as characters from the potter series from time to time. people like that just make more stereotypes haha (another example would be the star wars fans who dress like darth vader etc.) As for my FAVORITE book... hm... that's such a tough choice, all of them are really good, but IMO the longer the book the better, so it'd have to be the 5th harry potter book that's come out. I can't wait till the 6th one! Smile

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0439784549/ref=pd_ts_tb_1/104-0827380-5833558?v=glance&s=books&n=283155

I don't think i'll be buying the book though, hopefully i can just get in on the queues in the library here. that's what i did for the last book and the book before the last.
Ootec
Prisoner of Azkaban is my favourite. I'm not sure why tho...

June 16th cant come soon enough!!!
davmcmul
ahem, JULY,

fidiot
HalfBrian
I love 'Arry Potteh because it is a very adventurous adventure and JK Rowling is such a great author and can tie in things that I would never have thought to tie in. I even have my own HP forum (www.madeye.tk, not very active)

My favorite book is book 5 because it starts to reveal the major events of the seires (SP?).

-Brian
Ootec
davmcmul wrote:
ahem, JULY,

fidiot

tá fíor-bhrón orm.

(rinne mé focal nua suas: famadán)
James Bond-007
I used to be in the books a while ago, but not anymore.
foggy
Like someone else said, I'm not a die hard fan. I'll read the new book when it comes out, for sure. In fact, I already have it preordered.
mike
i read the first two, yes i liked thhem, but i prefer lord of the rings Very Happy
WickedGravity
It kind of makes me sad to admit that I am 25 years old and am obsessed with these things.

I have read them all, seen the movies that they have made thus far am enraptured in the entire concept.

My favorite as of yet is Goblet of Fire.

It just moves everything so fast, never dull filler pages and the other wizard schools are a nice touch.

I am waiting for the next book and movie with great anticipation.
Aut0mat1c
Don't feel too bad, I am 27 and have read each of the books at least 7 times each!

Just a few more days till my next fix!

WickedGravity wrote:
It kind of makes me sad to admit that I am 25 years old and am obsessed with these things.

I have read them all, seen the movies that they have made thus far am enraptured in the entire concept.

It just moves everything so fast, never dull filler pages and the other wizard schools are a nice touch.

Deji
ive read them all so far and they kinda peak with the 3rd book

the 4th has serious flaws in terms of content, story pace and hell basicly she writes a series of set pieces for a film....

dont get me wrong i enjoyed them and they are an ok read just the 4th book realy irritated me as it didnt realy do anything new or progress the story at all.

Ive got some hope for the next one but dunno unsure if things will continue to get worse :S
Alexis
No, I started Reading the 1stone and I got bored of it, them i tried to read it a year later, and I just got behind. I am not into fantasy that much really either. So no. lol
cj the dude
the half blood prince was unfulfullingling
pldacademicteam
i like the harry potter books in general but the sixth book was horrible... she put in some very obscure nonsense that wasnt necessary and this book is more quantity rather than quality. my favorite harry potter book is book five since all of the stuff in there was important.
SamuelCraft
Those books are really cool! I have read all 6 of them and loved them all! I recently read the 6th book and thought it was awsome!
BlackSkad
I have read them all twice or more (even the sixth one) I don't know why, but I just love those books. Each time, you get the recognition of Hogwarts, of everything you have seen in previous books, and though there's always something new, something surprising. It's amazing how she manages to keep telling complete different story's in the same enviroment of Hogwarts.
I have also my own Harry Potter-fansite (Azkabanweb.tk) So I guess I am a die-hard fan.

But I'm not only a fan of Harry Potter. I like most of the fantasy-literature (Lord of The Rings, His Dark Materials (Philip Pullman), ...)
Raijenki
Argh, i really hate Harry Potter =X
I want to he die ^^
He took my girlfriend ^^
boringest
it's ok but i think it's getting a bit thick i think....anyway, for those who've read the latest book, there are hints that Dumbledore is not dead!

Read here:

http://dumbledoreisnotdead.com/
kuad
I've never read Harry Potter and probably never will.
kain
HBP is my favorite. Harry Potter has so much depth. And the characters progress and change throughout the books which is much different from most other childrens' books. JKR is one of the all-time best writers. She has created a world all in her mind. Harry Potter has got me interested in reading. Now I'm in the advanced reading class at school! Harry Potter Rocks!!!
karepanman
I am afraid of reading Harry Potter as I dread becoming a sad bastard like you two.

Aut0mat1c wrote:
Don't feel too bad, I am 27 and have read each of the books at least 7 times each!

Just a few more days till my next fix!

WickedGravity wrote:

D Lightbulb
nooo dun spoil the story - n0obie4life
BlackSkad
Oké, thank you D Lightbulb for spoiling it. There are still people out there who haven't read the book, so keep it fun fore them two. Let them enjoy reading the book by themselves and don't say a lot more about the content.

Thank you very much Rolling Eyes
izimngcubes15
YES!!!!!!!!!!! I am a big fan of Harry Potter books! I read the first one when I was like....12! (I think ^_^) And it got me hooked to it. And I just recently finished reading the Half-Blood Prince, and woah! I love that book, is my favorite! Yeah.... Very Happy
n0obie4life
You just spoilt my newly bought book's story Crying or Very sad.
icy_crystal_angel
[color=indigo] Very Happy i think my favorite book has to be HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban...because harry is really happy...i love then ending because he's hoping for a better summer with the dursleys...and it's usually nice to read happy endings....
i didn't really like the half-blood prince because it failed to answer a lot of questions...also, the way she dealt with the identity of the half-blood prince was a bit disappointing...but i guess it ws just hype that made me crazy....lol Smile
sprinqles
I got teary eyed when Dumbledore died. My biggest mistake was browsing thru the last pages of the book when I was almost finished with it. I had to rest my eyes a bit so I had to browse and then I saw that line where it said that Dumbledore died. I couldn't believe my eyes and I had to finish the book the whole night. (I try to read it in a very slow pace so I can savor every page of the second to the last HP Book.)

I guess you already have an idea how much of an HP fan I am... Smile hehehe

I hope he is not dead. I'm hoping that he'll be like Gandalf The Great... Smile
htmlmaster
I'm DEFINITLY in to them. For any diehard fans like me, go to www.mugglenet.com probably the best HP site EVER.

For anyone who read the first few, liked them, but stopped, I have two words: KEEP READING!!! The first few are great, but the rest are OUTSTANDING!!!

For anyone who read the Half Blood Prince, check out this site -DO NOT EVEN HIGHLIGHT THIS LINK IF YOU DID NOT FINISH HBP!!!

^personally, I think "he" is dead, however, that site is a nice read.[/url]
dragonflame
dont really have a favorite book, theyre all great. Goblet fire is probably most memorable. Potter fan all the way!

Btw, I dont think dumbledore is dead Smile
mitja
I'm a HP fan since i've discovered it... And it was before everybody started to tak about it...
I don't have a favorite book... But from this series i like more the last two books cause they are more "mature" Very Happy
pevensie
I do kind of like the HP books, I'm not as into them as I used to be, but I like J.K. Rowling's writing, I think the movies are done excellently, and they're original and fun to read. My favorites are the Prisoner of Azkaban, the Goblet of Fire, and maybe the Half-Blood Prince - I have mixed opinions on that one! Wink
naz
No, never was ,never will.
I don't say thei're bad books, I never read one so...,but it's not my style of books I would read and furhtermore I don't like all the hype around it.
ddukki
boringest wrote:
it's ok but i think it's getting a bit thick i think....anyway, for those who've read the latest book, there are hints that Dumbledore is not dead!

Read here:

http://dumbledoreisnotdead.com/
That's really interesting. I hope he isn't anyway.
theo
'arry potter?
wow cool
i'm going on with the 6th
leone
ralex wrote:
i love reading harry potter books, but i'm not a die hard fan like some of those people who dress up as characters from the potter series from time to time. people like that just make more stereotypes haha (another example would be the star wars fans who dress like darth vader etc.) As for my FAVORITE book... hm... that's such a tough choice, all of them are really good, but IMO the longer the book the better, so it'd have to be the 5th harry potter book that's come out. I can't wait till the 6th one! Smile

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0439784549/ref=pd_ts_tb_1/104-0827380-5833558?v=glance&s=books&n=283155

I don't think i'll be buying the book though, hopefully i can just get in on the queues in the library here. that's what i did for the last book and the book before the last.

mmmmmmmm my favorite book is the third and like the other one said i am waitign for the fourth fil to come out and the sixth book to be produced. harry potter is a very good film.
Mika109
I don't have a favorite. I love all of them. I don't like the sixth as much as the rest though. You can't just kill ______ (i won't mention the name for some of you who haven't read the 6th book yet). I think that was just wrong. Why would you kill him like that and how is Harry going to find the rest of the horcuxes?