FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Restoring table from database backup?

inoshi
I want to restore one table (not the whole database) from a database associated with my site here, and am wondering if I there is a recent backup that can be pulled from? If data can be extracted, then I can look at it for restore.

Thanks,

Inoshi
badai
take a look at your tar.gz backup file. inside it got sql file. it's a text file, one for each database.

it got sql to create each table/view and populate each table.

just copy paste the sql into phpmyadmin. if it's too big, you can split the sql.
inoshi
badai wrote:
take a look at your tar.gz backup file. inside it got sql file. it's a text file, one for each database.

just copy paste the sql into phpmyadmin. if it's too big, you can split the sql.

Thanks @ Badai, I'll dig into this.

Inoshi
inoshi
badai wrote:

Where is the file located???
badai
inside backup folder. the backup folder itself is in the "root" of the tar.gz file.

it's sql file, with dot sql extension.
inoshi
badai wrote:
inside backup folder. the backup folder itself is in the "root" of the tar.gz file.

it's sql file, with dot sql extension.

Hmm, what backup folder? I'm not sure what directory to find this folder resides in . . . poked around and didn't see anything obvious.
Peterssidan
badai means the kind of backup you can do from DirectAdmin, but if you have not made any backups it's kind of late now.
inoshi
Peterssidan wrote:
badai means the kind of backup you can do from DirectAdmin, but if you have not made any backups it's kind of late now.

Ok, I didn't make any backups. I was wondering if Frihost has anything I can access?
Peterssidan
No. Bondings might have but don't count on it.
inoshi
Peterssidan wrote:

Query out.
inoshi
Peterssidan wrote:

Belated follow up - I'm running my own daily backup now. However if server were to unconditionally crash and never be restored I would lose sql and php setups, unless there's a Frihost backup somewhere, which seems questionable.

Inoshi
badai
what kind of setup?
inoshi
badai wrote:
what kind of setup?

phpList configurations, templates, uploaded support files for emails (images, etc.). User database and sql related files.

Exclamation

Inoshi