FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dune, Ever read its briliance?

ip008
I'm not even done reading the first book. But from what I have read so far, its a fenomenal peice of literature. The autor takes all the time in the world to point out the fine details and give you a feeling of what the charachters are going through. I hope I'll find time to finish reading it. But till then, whats your opinion on the series?
Bondings
ip008 wrote:
I'm not even done reading the first book. But from what I have read so far, its a fenomenal peice of literature. The autor takes all the time in the world to point out the fine details and give you a feeling of what the charachters are going through. I hope I'll find time to finish reading it. But till then, whats your opinion on the series?

I plan to start reading it in a few weeks, after I finish another one. But I only heared good things about it yet. Very Happy
BAlexandrov
I've readed first 3 books before ...hmm...10 years Smile
They are excelent, there is so much phylosophy and wizdom and social science and this make them little bit hard to read. Also it is hard in first 50 pages to get up with the terms but they are integral part of the book - they and the languages there have with their own logic and story.

Ive not readed next books (3 or 4 I think) ...not sure why...from what friends told me they are not as good as the first 3... hmm you must read them to decide for yourself.
Tiger
I Love it! I Recently I hired Dune from the video store - it was 2 DVDs long! The concepts and storyline are just fantastic. I personally feel that Dune is in a category all on its own.

As for the DVD, I liked it, and I would recommend it to anyone. Dune is more than just a piece of fiction, its brilliance in print (and film)! Not to mention, a nice long read! It's just the way to spend a Saturday afternoon.