FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Quiz question.





wellerchap
Q). What do Jon Bon Jovi, Rod Stewart, Bonnie Tyler & the bloke from The Stereophonics all have in common?

A). I hate hearing all of their voices.....that pseudo-croaky dryness in their singing voices make me cringe...as I get older, and my pet-hates become more crystalised, I am finding myself loathing these sorts of voices Crying or Very sad
deanhills
Haha ..... interesting, I'm not that familiar with Jon Bon Jovi or Bonnie Tyler, but have heard Rod Stewart and am not too partial to any of his music. Am curious, which voices do you like?
johans
bon jovi is the best rock band ever!!! comparing both artist have its different type of musics.
TheGremlyn
I think I know what you mean. I'm not a huge fan of those voices. I don't listen to their music but I've heard one of two songs with Bon Jovi, and one that comes to mind is "It's My Life". Well, I guess I kind of like that song as I feel a little nostalgic thinking about it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2u5uUu3DE

Don't hate me for posting the link! Razz
welshsteve
HAHAHA

The first album by Stereophonics was pretty good but after that there was too much of the croackiness.

Again, the earlier Bon Jovi stuff was better.
lkglacier
wellerchap wrote:
....that pseudo-croaky dryness in their singing voices make me cringe..

Yeah, I know that feel, man. Not necessarily with these exact artists (though what you're saying is very likely with them) but with just some music genres in general I think as you get older you ask yourself "how did I ever tolerate listening to this?" lol.
medesignz
wellerchap wrote:
Q). What do Jon Bon Jovi, Rod Stewart, Bonnie Tyler & the bloke from The Stereophonics all have in common?

A). I hate hearing all of their voices.....that pseudo-croaky dryness in their singing voices make me cringe...as I get older, and my pet-hates become more crystalised, I am finding myself loathing these sorts of voices Crying or Very sad
You do know what pseudo means right? Have you heard Stewart or Tyler talk?
fuzzkaizer
Ah yes! and there's also one called Bryan Adams, that tends to have that voice.... summer of 69 is the song. No idea, why they torture their throats that way!
medesignz
fuzzkaizer wrote:
Ah yes! and there's also one called Bryan Adams, that tends to have that voice.... summer of 69 is the song. No idea, why they torture their throats that way!
Do you think they use a bag of rusty nails as mouthwash before a gig?
wellerchap
medesignz wrote:
wellerchap wrote:
Q). What do Jon Bon Jovi, Rod Stewart, Bonnie Tyler & the bloke from The Stereophonics all have in common?

A). I hate hearing all of their voices.....that pseudo-croaky dryness in their singing voices make me cringe...as I get older, and my pet-hates become more crystalised, I am finding myself loathing these sorts of voices Crying or Very sad
You do know what pseudo means right? Have you heard Stewart or Tyler talk?


That's a very good point...OK, so maybe it's how they are, but I don't like it in my ears Very Happy
medesignz
Its a split opinion to be honest, some people like it because its "unique" and "shows a raw quality", others find it grates on more just their own vocal chords.
codegeek
There was a time when I thought Bon Jovi was pretty cool. I don't listen to him much these days. I prefer Pink Floyd, Queen and Metallica.
medesignz
codegeek wrote:
There was a time when I thought Bon Jovi was pretty cool. I don't listen to him much these days. I prefer Pink Floyd, Queen and Metallica.
I can still quite happily listen to old Jon Bon, but new stuff is ALL filler...
Related topics
I Have a question . Is it the server support Chinese?
Question before requesting free hosting
question abt posts/mth
Kinda dumb question regarding DNS
A question
UT2004 U like the game? Do u have any question post here.
Self Marking Quiz
During an impromptu quiz. . .
Ajax quiz -- 25 FRIH$
Late Night Quiz shows
Quiz-Poll (1)
Wordpress plugins
php msql quiz script
Jenny Jones, first GB snow Olympic medal...ever!
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Music

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.