FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Me and Justin Timberlake....

wellerchap
....is it just me that hates the sound of this bloke's voice?
Radio2 are currently playing his new single 4 or 5 times a day while I'm at work - every time he comes on I feel like screaming at the radio, and telling him to "man-up", and stop singing like a heartbroken girl!
Terrible.
Ankhanu
I'm sure you're not the only one Razz

I don't listen to radio anymore, and when I do it's usually the national talk station, so I don't get exposed to crap pop music very often... and I never liked Timberlake's music. Though I don't like his music, I can't deny Timberlake's skill. Of course, skill and enjoyable application of skill are different things Razz
deanhills
Agreed, exactly for the reason that I get quite irritated myself, I don't listen to the radio either. My irritation though is more with the presenters talking incessantly, particularly in the morning when the last thing I want to hear are two idiot presenters yakking away excitedly at the top of their voices, when all I want is music.
Vanilla
My feeling's the same, but I can't say that I don't listen to the radio. We sure have lots of stations and I know the ones that play only new pop songs (including Justin Timberlake's). Tis not that I hate him and only him, but I found myself hating most of these new pop songs. So when I listen to the radio, I tend to listen to stations that play only old songs or even easy listening stuff. I feel rather old because I know most of the songs. Razz

Also I love trance and they don't have trance radios here in Brazil. So most of the music I hear is on my computer.
truespeed
I was expecting a photo....
TheGremlyn
I've never really listened to the guy so I can't say if I like him or not... but if I had to guess i'd say he's the type I wouldn't like at all. I also don't listen to the radio so I'm pretty out of touch with music they play. I just got really annoyed with all the chitchat and you would flip through all the stations you could and they were always talking! I also don't like the radio because i have no control over what is being played. I mean the different stations play different types of music but I don't always want to hear what they're playing and I'm always wishing I had a skip button.
Pande
I think his voice is very developed and he has pitch and control. He's just a tenor, you probably just don't like tenors much. Very Happy
fuzzkaizer
Ha! i'm proud to say that i don't have any idea how his voice sounds - might have heard it on the radio, though, without knowing who did the singing there. At least up to now i managed quite easy to ignore his music, it seems to be that indifferent.
On the other hand i couldn't ignore his obtrusive medial presence...
chartcentral
truespeed wrote:
I was expecting a photo....

True. I also thought the same. A photo and a story of his personal encounter or concert experience with Justin Timberlake. Smile
medesignz
wellerchap wrote:
....is it just me that hates the sound of this bloke's voice?
Radio2 are currently playing his new single 4 or 5 times a day while I'm at work - every time he comes on I feel like screaming at the radio, and telling him to "man-up", and stop singing like a heartbroken girl!
Terrible.
Radio 2? Are you sure? I would have expected so much more from the BBC
watersoul
We had a vote on our site at work and the really local local fm station won for the radio.
It's completely eclectic, with tunes from the 60's to the 90's. They seem to have stopped buying tracks after 2000 but the local adverts are a laugh and we all sing the jingles because they're the same each day.
I'm happy to say I have heard no Timberlake while working, although I will acknowledge his talent and admit I do have a soft spot for 'cry me a river' if only because of the influence of a long ex-gf ...ah, memories Wink
standready
Only heard his latest during the Grammys. Why oh why did they have him perform?
wellerchap
Thankfully no photographs of him.....to be perfectly honest, I doubt I'd recognise him, if he walked in here now....but I certainly would if he came in howling his latest single.
Fortunately though, not very likely, as I don't reckon he likes me either. Very Happy
medesignz
wellerchap wrote:
Thankfully no photographs of him.....to be perfectly honest, I doubt I'd recognise him, if he walked in here now....but I certainly would if he came in howling his latest single.
Fortunately though, not very likely, as I don't reckon he likes me either. Very Happy
You never know, his real name may be Robert Smithers and you may have passed each other once... Do you know a Rob Smithers? A Carl Meadows? You never know Wink
75alex
Nope don't worry everybody hates his voice :p
medesignz
75alex wrote:
Nope don't worry everybody hates his voice :p
I wouldn't be so sure Smile I enjoyed his stint in n'sync!
wellerchap
I'm sure his Mum loves him Very Happy