FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How Strong Is Your Faith?

beyondntech
How strong is your faith?

What/Who do you believe in?

What keeps you going?

How do you take each day as it comes?

Are you a quitter or a fighter?

Just share with all of us your experiences, trial and tribulations and let everyone know the things that you go through to over come them through faith.
GuidanceReader
I am not sure how I could quantify this question. I strongly believe in what I do believe, but I am open to evidence either way. I often question my own beliefs but at this phase in my spiritual journey I continue to come back to where I am, based on my personal, anecdotal experiences.

I believe in all religions. I think they all have some of it right and some of it wrong. At the core, I believe in maximizing my own personal abilities. On the surface, I am Kemetic Orthodox. I believe in the Egyptian Gods and honour them as my parent/patron deities. This is something I do strongly believe in, but only scratches the surface of my own philosophies. At the end of the day all I can say I believe in, with certainty, is that Humans do not come even slightly close to understanding how it all works. I think it's all too complex for the human brain and that I'll only ever have a chance of gaining understanding once I die.

What keeps you going?
My family.

I try to live in the moment. Each day is a new day and I try not to mar it with my problems of yesterday and dreams that can not be met. This is not to say I don't have goals for the future, or feelings from the past, but I try not to allow them to dictate how my 'now' goes. I break my goals down into smaller components, so it's easier to focus on them at a daily level.

I would like to say a fighter, but I know that I easily give up. I want to believe I would fight until there was nothing worth fighting for, but honestly, I don't know.

Just share with all of us your experiences, trial and tribulations and let everyone know the things that you go through to over come them through faith.
I am not sure how to answer this question.
nickfyoung
being a Christian with fundamental beliefs I find it relatively easy to get through each day. With a constant ongoing relationship with my God daily problems are easily overcome. I find it advantageous to have visions and dreams for the future. Last thing at night when it is time to sleep visualizing those future dreams makes it easier to get to sleep. As you realize each dream it is important to make new ones so as to always have a vision for the future, something to dream about and work towards as you look forward to it.
ocalhoun
I haven't any.
My religion doesn't require faith, because it doesn't involve belief in things there is no evidence for.

That's a long story, and I've made whole topics about it.
I'll link to them if you're interested.

What keeps you going?

The universe is a vast work of art. I'm here to make it more beautiful.

By... taking each day as it comes?
It's not difficult, and I don't require outside encouragement.
It makes no sense to be universally one or the other.
Sometimes it's better to fight, sometimes it's better to quit.
I am an idealist though. I don't compromise the way things should be because of the way things are.
TheLimey
My faith is pretty good. I just keep giving up on different beliefs. Is it possible for a human to tell a human what to believe? or is it something only you can do yourself?
12phabie
Im currently working on my faith through daily prayers and I certainly hope that God gives me enough strength to endure the journey for as long as I can as well as knowledge and wisdom to understand the meaning of my life even more every day, to understand what my purpose is on earth and give me the courage to keep going.

I believe in the one and only God there is.

What keeps you going?
My husband who happens to have been ordained as a minister in January. He gives me the courage to learn more about God and keep going

I just do and hope for the best

I used to believe I was a quitter a long time ago. But now, I consider myself as a fighter. I don't have a choice, I have to keep going toward my God.

As far as tribulations, I know plenty. really I know too many but I stay positive.
nickfyoung
12phabie
Quote:
Im currently working on my faith through daily prayers

As those daily prayers develop into an ongoing continuous relationship with your God you will also develop the ultimate faith as you know that as you walk with Him nothing is impossible.

Quote:
I believe in the one and only God there is.

You have that right and he is becoming your best friend, right.

Quote:
As far as tribulations, I know plenty

James said to consider it pure joy when you encounter trials of many kinds. There will always be those but when you are hand in hand with God as your best friend you will sail over every mountain.

Congratulations to your husband and enjoy your walk now as 'assistant pastor'.
spinout
How strong is your faith? Preatty strong I suppose...

What/Who do you believe in? I am a polytheist, so there is many gods, actually infinite of em.

What keeps you going? My legs...

How do you take each day as it comes? I am waiting to see if there is something good in this world, havn't seen it yet!

Are you a quitter or a fighter? Depends, mostly in it for a laugh.
Iceaxe0410

I'd say it's not too strong. I'm not a strong believer in faith, but I'm not an atheist either.

I'm most like a deist. I believe there is a God, but God doesn't influence or interfere in our lives. In other words everyone has free will. Up to a certain point of course. One cannot have free will if others with free will impose their will on you. Your free will can be taken away from others that would impose their will on you if that makes sense.

What keeps you going?

Nothing really. Just the joys of life or at least the hope that those joys will eventually come. It goes back to the question, what is the purpose of life? Well, to me that is the whole point of going forward. One has to find out for themselves the answer to that question.

Sometimes one day at a time. Others, I look ahead and predict what the next day or week will be and try to plan ahead.

Mostly a fighter when it's about something I believe in fighting for. Otherwise, if it's too much trouble or not worth it, I quit. No point stressing over something that cannot be changed or is not worth the effort. If its about the principle of the matter, then yes, I'd fight until things are set right or I could fight no longer.

Well, for me it's not about faith. It's about what you choose to do with your time. I like helping others and following my own code of moral values. I do whatever makes me feel the happiest and I fight against whatever I feel is wrong. It varies between people, but in the end, it only matters what you yourself feel.
kaysch
Strong.

I am an atheist.

What keeps you going?
In my faith? Scientific progress I would say.
Natural science manages to answer better and better the fundamental questions of life (where does man come from, what will happen to us after death, how was the earth created etc.)
The same applies for morale which is pretty well codified by law - and which rightly changes over time, contrary to the morale codified in a religious text.
As a consenquence I find that there is less and less reason to have religions. Which confirms me in my faith.

I am aware that my time on earth is limited and that it could end each day. If not by chance e.g. through a car accident, then through natural decay of my body. So I try to make the best out of it.

Depends on the probability to win.

Very simple. None. I have never had much doubt. The only doubt I had was when I noticed that religions manage to create some sort of community - however you get the same feeling by joining your local football club. Which I didn't do by the way. Smile
redhakaw
beyondntech wrote:

the only faith that I have originates from Christ, my faith is as string as Christ.

Quote:

I believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God. Who is God Himself.

Quote:

What keeps you going?

Only in the mingled Spirit can we press on.

Quote:

inevitable, everyday is pre-arranged by God, one needs to discern the Spirit in order to overcome everyday

Quote:

the only fight that I know is the good fight

Quote:

I have no fancy, teary-eye experience to share, but one thing that really helps me to overcome is by always being in the Spirit, to always turn to the Spirit, carrying the cross with Christ, and have the heart only for Christ and His church. I have been surrendering my self, my personal ambitions and my dispositions, although I sometimes fall short and climb down the cross, the Lord has always been faithful and have kept me aligned with the resurrection life.

Grace and Peace to you Smile