FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Some questions

moti
Create links with a highligted background
So you'd like to have your links change to a highlighted background when the mouse moves over them. Well, you can do it using CSS (cascading style sheets), but it will only work with IE4+

Fast Loading Pages
Statistics show that visitors are willing to wait for about 10 seconds for a page to load before moving on.

Creating glowing links II
There is another way to create glowing links (I haven't seen this used at many sites yet), again by using CSS (cascading style sheets), but it only worksh IE4+.

How to hide e-mail addresses from spammers
Unfortunately, there are a lot of unscrupulous people who send spam by the thousands each day. Well, here's one way to seriously decrease spam.

How to create a javascript multi-link jump box
One of the best navigation methods through web sites is the use of multi-link jump boxes.

Justify your text!
Are you tired of aligning your text to the left or to the center?

Create a cool effect with changing link colors
For Internet Explorer Only! This script will continuously change the highlighted link colors

Named Anchors
First just make your links as usual except you add "#name" inside the tag.

How to open a new window console when someone enters or leaves your site
You've probably seen this on some web sites.

Create links without the underline
Even though underlines help identify the links, there are situations where you would want to have links without them

How to use marquees
This applies to Internet Explorer only, but if done properly, you'll create a great effect without taking anything away from the Netscape user

Easy and simple navigation
Some sites have really good looks, but are very confusing and difficult to navigate.

Help your visitors get out of a frame
Many sites use frames and when they link to other sites, those sites will appear inside their frame.

How to create a flashy introduction for your web pages
When you entered this page, you probably noticed that the screen dissolved from the previous one to the actual page.

How to preload your graphics for smoother browsing
If you have multiple pages with many graphics (and other multimedia files), you can make browsing your site a smoother experience for your visitors by building a mini cache for your site.

What to avoid when presenting your content
It is very easy to ignore those things that we consider unimportant or trivial.

How to protect your graphics
Stealing nice graphics and images is a widespread problem.

Redirect your visitors to your new site
So you moved your site to a new place, but you'd like to let your visitors find your new home.

Create a successful title for your site
It is important to have a good title for your site since most often people will decide by reading it whether to visit your site or not.

Describe your links in the status bar
Mouseovers are one of the most popular and growing tricks that web designers use to spice up their web site.

How to create text roll-overs
So you'd like to have a very nice effect on your page, one that changes the color of your text once the mouse moves over it. OK. It can be done very easily with a few codes of CSS.

Insert scrolling text into the status bar
This can be done with the help of Java Script.

Describe your links with tooltips
You can add pop-up hint windows to your links without using Java Script.

I hope these will help you !!

by:MoTi
morningstar
Hi moti,

thank you for your tipps, can you send code examples for your hints. Idea

Your described css link decorations do not only work in IE. Visit my page http://20hz.de. I use a css menue, css link decorations and fixed backgrounds written in css. Very Happy

All those work fine with Netscape, Firefox and Opera as well as in IE. CSS is a good cross browser laguage nowadays. Dancing

There are only a few css tags which do not work in all these browsers, but even then there is no error message displayed, only these features are displayed in the usual way, e.g. my decorated scroll bar which does not work with Firefox and Netscape. Think

morningstar