FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who Plays Skyrim?

What race are you?
High Elf
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Argonian
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Wood Elf
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Breton
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Dark Elf
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Imperial
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Khajiit
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nord
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Orc
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Redguard
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

TheGremlyn
So, I play Skyrim and I quite enjoy it. Who else plays it? What system to you play it on? What is your character like and what level are you? Have you tried out the latest content (Dawnguard, Dragonborn, Hearthfire)?

I'm playing it on the XBOX 360 and I'm currently playing as a female Khajiit who turns into a werewolf. I'm level 53 on the verge of 54. I always fall for dual wielding swords or axes; I can never play as a mage because I find you get your butt handed to you for most of the game while you're trying to level up.

As for the DLC I've played Dawnguard already and I have to say I freaked out a few times when I would get attacked by vampires in a city and then they'd kill the blacksmith. Really? I have to sell stuff to that person because she's the only one that starts with a significant amount of gold! I'm currently working my way through Dragonborn and I'm quite excited to have another region to explore outside the continent of Skyrim.
bogisha
i play it as a standard axe wielding Nord, but i tried every human and elf races (not playing with argonian, khajit and orc)... I choose Nord because the main theme is placed in Skyrim, and on earlier Elder Scrolls games (Oblivion, Morrowind) i liked the most to play with Imperial or Redguard
TheGremlyn
bogisha wrote:
i play it as a standard axe wielding Nord, but i tried every human and elf races (not playing with argonian, khajit and orc)... I choose Nord because the main theme is placed in Skyrim, and on earlier Elder Scrolls games (Oblivion, Morrowind) i liked the most to play with Imperial or Redguard

My first run through I played a female Nord and I joined up with the Stormcloaks because it seemed natural and made sense. I mean, you're in Skyrim, the land of the Nords, and everyone you meets is practically a Nord. The second time through I played a female imperial and I joined up with the Imperial cause. I felt dirty doing that. I was also a mage and I dislike magic since I tend to get my butt kicked every time I fight someone. I'm not sure what possessed me to play a Khajiit. I'm not saying I'm going to start from scratch just yet, but it is VERY tempting.
Insanity
I played it a while back and thought it was great. I was a big fan of the previous Elder Scroll games, and I grew up playing Morrowwind back int he day. It still amazes me how far these games have gone in the few years it has been.
TheGremlyn
Insanity wrote:
I played it a while back and thought it was great. I was a big fan of the previous Elder Scroll games, and I grew up playing Morrowwind back int he day. It still amazes me how far these games have gone in the few years it has been.

I didn't really know Morrowind existed until I was playing Oblivion. I put forth my best effort to try and play Morrowind, I really did, but I had such a hard time with trying to fight people. I felt like I was holding a toothpick and my enemy was a wavering shadow! I had a much better time with Oblivion but compared to Skyrim the people just seem like walking, mechanical stumps. It still amuses me when the characters try to interact in Oblivion they are make statements regarding completely different topics. In Skyrim you can stand near some people and they're actually converse for a few lines about a topic.
Iceaxe0410
I've always loved the Elderscrolls games. I started off with Morrowind, but I'll be honest. It took me a year to get into the game. It was simply a matter of not knowing what to do. After I looked up what you're supposed to do, I really got into the game. I guess I just needed something like a walkthrough to get me started. I understand why some people would hate the game. In the beginning, it's pretty tough to even attack enemies if your skill is very low. The attacks keep missing even though you are point blank range. With that knowledge, I learned to build a better character. Building your character is one of the most important aspects in the Elderscroll games.

I found more often than not, if I find my character sucks and I struggle to move forward in the game, its usually because I choose the wrong skill sets. It wasn't so much a problem in Oblivion or Skyrim though. They really changed the system to be more friendly for beginner players. In a way, it's better, but not so much if you're a veteran and know the old system. There were so many options in Morrowind that just blows Oblivion and Skyrim away. It's too bad they just couldn't implement that in the last two sequels. It would have made Skyrim a much better game.

Still, I enjoy Skyrim. I really like Dawnguard especially the crossbows.
TheGremlyn
Iceaxe0410 wrote:
I've always loved the Elderscrolls games. I started off with Morrowind, but I'll be honest. It took me a year to get into the game. It was simply a matter of not knowing what to do. After I looked up what you're supposed to do, I really got into the game. I guess I just needed something like a walkthrough to get me started. I understand why some people would hate the game. In the beginning, it's pretty tough to even attack enemies if your skill is very low. The attacks keep missing even though you are point blank range. With that knowledge, I learned to build a better character. Building your character is one of the most important aspects in the Elderscroll games.

I found more often than not, if I find my character sucks and I struggle to move forward in the game, its usually because I choose the wrong skill sets. It wasn't so much a problem in Oblivion or Skyrim though. They really changed the system to be more friendly for beginner players. In a way, it's better, but not so much if you're a veteran and know the old system. There were so many options in Morrowind that just blows Oblivion and Skyrim away. It's too bad they just couldn't implement that in the last two sequels. It would have made Skyrim a much better game.

Still, I enjoy Skyrim. I really like Dawnguard especially the crossbows.

If I ever get around to playing Morrowind again I'll probably use a walkthrough then. I really want to know what the game is about, what all the quests are like. I could never figure out what I was supposed to do. I only advanced a little by running away from my enemies and I eventually ended up in some other town.

Oblivion and Skyrim certainly seem easier compared to Morrowind. I did die a few times in Oblivion near the beginning. The only time I died in Skyrim is when I encountered a bandit chief, they just kick your ass. I know you can adjust the difficulty level if you're looking for more of a challenge. I've got a friend who tries to play on Master and he takes forever to kill anything and he dies a lot while trying, but he's determined so he keeps doing those sections over and over no matter if he's reset 70 times!
codegeek
I play it on windows 8 with an NVIDIA graphics card. I have reached a level of 21 which isn't really high, I have a friend who is at level 45. I haven't even got married yet, so I guess the game has a lot more to offer for me. Slay the dragons!
TheGremlyn
codegeek wrote:
I play it on windows 8 with an NVIDIA graphics card. I have reached a level of 21 which isn't really high, I have a friend who is at level 45. I haven't even got married yet, so I guess the game has a lot more to offer for me. Slay the dragons!

I sometimes think about playing Skyrim on PC because the graphics would be so much better. Of course I don't have a proper gaming PC so I'd have to spend some time and money building one and then I'd get the game. I'll do it at some point this but that might be a project for a year down the road since I'll have saved up quite a bit of money to do that.

As for the level difference between you and your friend, I'm at about level 50 or 60 and my friend's dad is 75. We're both playing at the same difficulty and he gets his button kicked by dragons and flame spiders. At my level my character essentially has no fear. Dragons and spiders and annoying goblin looking things just die before me. I may have to increase the difficulty so there is more of a challenge. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but his character is a vampire...