FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[Suggestion] Domain name with privacy protection

twotrophy
I think that Frihost should offer free privacy protection for domains for an increased amount of coins since most privacy protection services cost money. For example, Frihost could offer free domains with privacy protection for 500 coins. This is to cover up for the cost of the privacy protection Bondings has to pay through viewing advertisments. Websites do earn albeit a very small amount when people visit pages with advertisments on them even if they do not click it. What do you think of my suggestion?
likeabreeze
For me, there is no need for privacy protection.
Hey, just use whois tool to get the information of random domain name, you would find most of them are without privacy protection.
Why is privacy protection that important for you, man?
Well, to be honest, I used to register a .ME domain, the information of which are totally fabricated by myself, and, is this another form of privacy protection? If Frihost doesn't provide privacy protection, why not try this?
twotrophy
likeabreeze wrote:
For me, there is no need for privacy protection.
Hey, just use whois tool to get the information of random domain name, you would find most of them are without privacy protection.
Why is privacy protection that important for you, man?
Well, to be honest, I used to register a .ME domain, the information of which are totally fabricated by myself, and, is this another form of privacy protection? If Frihost doesn't provide privacy protection, why not try this?

This is too risky because you could get your domain terminated by ICANN for false Whois information. It may be also considered impersonating a person or a party. However, I am willing to falsify my details by not copying another domain's details if there is a privacy protection. I will just put in nonsensical information such as "Private" as my name. Another possible way is to copy Whois information of privacy services such as DomainsbyProxy which is harder to get into trouble by losing your domain.

Also, alternative DNS roots exist which run on DNS servers not operated by ICANN. These DNS servers can usually solve ICANN created domain names as well. One of them is Opennic.

Expect Bondings to reply to this thread within 2 weeks. I wonder what does he think about this suggestion especially because is not very difficult nor time consuming to implement this suggestion.
RosenCruz
Quote:
This is too risky because you could get your domain terminated by ICANN for false Whois information

Agreed. Domain information must be accurate Wink