FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does Frihost free domains come with free privacy protection?

twotrophy
I am reaching closer to having 350 coins and I might be purchasing a domain name when I get enough coins. Does Frihost offer GoDaddy coupons with privacy protection from the public Whois system when registering a domain or would I need to purchase it separately?
cybersa
No.Only for domain name.
twotrophy
Okay. Thank you for your information in responding to me. I am disappointed in this. I will create a thread in the Suggestions forum to suggest that Frihost domains should come with privacy protection. But I think that Bondings can be negotiated with.
andro_king
No,you get only the domain name. Sad
watersoul
twotrophy wrote:
Okay. Thank you for your information in responding to me. I am disappointed in this. I will create a thread in the Suggestions forum to suggest that Frihost domains should come with privacy protection. But I think that Bondings can be negotiated with.

Good luck with that, but what are going to negotiate with? A few extra coins which Bondings has given you in the first place for posting here?
Dude, the deal is make decent posts to gain points and coins for a basic GoDaddy voucher which will cover registration of a .com .net .org and co.uk etc. I've had a free domain from coins here and I just made sure the admin email address is one I keep active (simple gmail account) then made up a name and address.
You've got amazing free hosting, you're soon to have a domain voucher, and now you want domain privacy thrown in free as well?!

If Frihost was my site I'd say buy your own privacy protection or don't give your real details when you register it, except for admin email. I'm shocked that this doesn't satisfy you enough, try and find a free domain you actually get to own under similar conditions elsewhere, you won't.
codegeek
I think frihost is an awesome site which allows people to have free hosting as well as free domain names (for a little bit of effort). Of course, you can't really expect to get everything for free. If you want specific stuff like whois protection, you'll probably have to shell out the cash for a domain name yourself. I think your question was more in the direction of general wondering rather than dissatisfaction with frihost. Although I am pretty far away from the 350 coins needed to get a domain, I shall be following this post to know the general procedure about it. Best of luck, and keep posting!
watersoul
The free domain comes in the form of a digital gift voucher with GoDaddy.
When you use it and go through the registration process there is the option to add-on extra services which can be paid seperately. Privacy add-on costs 6.19 per year, roughly US$10.
twotrophy
watersoul wrote:
twotrophy wrote:

Good luck with that, but what are going to negotiate with? A few extra coins which Bondings has given you in the first place for posting here?
Dude, the deal is make decent posts to gain points and coins for a basic GoDaddy voucher which will cover registration of a .com .net .org and co.uk etc. I've had a free domain from coins here and I just made sure the admin email address is one I keep active (simple gmail account) then made up a name and address.
You've got amazing free hosting, you're soon to have a domain voucher, and now you want domain privacy thrown in free as well?!

If Frihost was my site I'd say buy your own privacy protection or don't give your real details when you register it, except for admin email. I'm shocked that this doesn't satisfy you enough, try and find a free domain you actually get to own under similar conditions elsewhere, you won't.

I find your comment offensive. The domain request form says
Quote:
Please describe here what kind of domain you want
www.frihost.com/account/request_domain.php so it does not say anything about privacy protection so you can request anything reasonable you want.
Quote:
If this free domain request is accepted,
shows that it does not have a 100% percent chance of it getting accepted. This means that it isbunclear on what kind of domains does Bondings give and he did not give such privacy protection because you did not asked for it.
Nyasro
codegeek wrote:
I think frihost is an awesome site which allows people to have free hosting as well as free domain names (for a little bit of effort). Of course, you can't really expect to get everything for free. If you want specific stuff like whois protection, you'll probably have to shell out the cash for a domain name yourself. I think your question was more in the direction of general wondering rather than dissatisfaction with frihost. Although I am pretty far away from the 350 coins needed to get a domain, I shall be following this post to know the general procedure about it. Best of luck, and keep posting!

That's right
watersoul
twotrophy wrote:
I find your comment offensive. The domain request form says
Quote:
Please describe here what kind of domain you want
www.frihost.com/account/request_domain.php so it does not say anything about privacy protection so you can request anything reasonable you want.

You found it offensive? Oh gosh that is unfortunate.
It is also unfortunate that you chose to quote the request domain page by cutting off the rest of the sentence:
Quote:
Please describe here what kind of domain you want (which extension, like .com, .net, .org, ...).
You will note the full stop (period if you are from the US) comes after the close bracket. It is reasonable to therefore assume that the question relates to which top level domain you require, not any add-ons such as privacy protection, premium email, or search engine visibility services from GoDaddy.

As I said, it is unfortunate you have taken offense, but perhaps if you explain to me which bit of my reply caused such torment then I could reconsider and apologise where needed. I repeat I am shocked if the offer of a domain alone (from simply posting here) does not satisfy you, but I am struggling to see where such words attack you in any way.
twotrophy
Never mind. Being offended is a normal part of Frihost and many other forums. I do not need apologies. If you feel guilty, I would like to apologize for that as well. Shall we just stop discussing to prevent any more of such things? Also, thank you for your information.

I just felt offended with the part when you talked about negotiating with Bondings and about that I want free privacy protection on top of the domains.
watersoul
I don't feel guilty and I don't think 'offense' should be normal on any forum.
If you disagree or whatever with me here, ever, I'm happy for you to expess it, that's what discussion is all about Wink
twotrophy
How much is a GoDaddy coupon given by this website worth? I heard that such coupons have a value. I am not completely sure about coupons so could you please explain it to me?
watersoul
twotrophy wrote:
How much is a GoDaddy coupon given by this website worth? I heard that such coupons have a value. I am not completely sure about coupons so could you please explain it to me?

It is the value of a domain.
Bondings obviously has to purchase a coupon with 'real' world cash which covers the cost of the relevant top level domain. I assume that is why he asks which type because blah.net is 13 per year but blah.jp is 62 - it is unlikely he would provide the .jp version.

Why are you considering the monetary value of the free domain offer?
The value of the domain should be what you can do with it, not how much it may be worth in 'real' cash to you.
twotrophy
The domain name that I am planning to register is worth slightly above 10 dollars. Will Bondings provide me the domain of such value? I think that it is about 12 dollars. I hope that this is not too much.
watersoul
I guess only Bondings can answer that.