FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hollyweek starts!

johans
what is you plan for this Holly week? By Monday starts Holy Monday and what will be your plan this holly week? Planning for vacation?

I just notice that Holy Friday no news is been published all over the world and no malls on this day. I just thinking's if i will be offline also by internet this Holy Friday.
deanhills
Nothing happening in the UAE except I've noticed Easter Eggs and Hot Cross buns in our Supermarket down the road.

Any way, Happy Easter to those who are celebrating it in other parts of the world.

Quiviro
This year no money, no plan. Sad

Anyway, I'll enjoy my mother's "torrijas" (typical fried sweet of bread and milk) Mr. Green
Pande
What on earth is Hollyweek?
grofet
I don't like to get any vacations. Easter egg day is only a one day off here and i don't celebrate it.
nickfyoung
I think Holly week is more of a Catholic thing isn't it. In some parts of the world and in the Philippines, they have reenactment of Jesus on the cross. Huge crosses are paraded through the streets, people get hung on them and some even get flogged to try and emulate what Jesus went through. I think all that is more of a Catholic thing too. At least the Catholics are serious about their God. In the west and outside Catholicism Easter is all about chocolate eggs. To be fair I suppose, there are church services where you see some going who only go on Christmas and Easter. Good Friday is the biggest day for the fish sellers too.
johans
nickfyoung wrote:
I think Holly week is more of a Catholic thing isn't it. In some parts of the world and in the Philippines, they have reenactment of Jesus on the cross. Huge crosses are paraded through the streets, people get hung on them and some even get flogged to try and emulate what Jesus went through. I think all that is more of a Catholic thing too. At least the Catholics are serious about their God. In the west and outside Catholicism Easter is all about chocolate eggs. To be fair I suppose, there are church services where you see some going who only go on Christmas and Easter. Good Friday is the biggest day for the fish sellers too.

this is correct. Here in Philippines true crucifixion re-inaction happens again at Good Friday.

here are the images taken in actual -

this is also part of the re-inaction

[img]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7G5wA5jfpjekAhb9UzoA_cG5v8jwalPTmb08BtVJHrYakvsjw[/img]

[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0w0U_6ulsk7Lw0nXL0atgWA5XdgRdtiwaggAcb1vuYmzyyox3[/img]
johans
Early Holy-week is approaching. Holy Week this year will start on March 30 and will end on April 5. I wish you all a good holyweek and good vacation as well since here in Philippines its holiday so no work for us and have a long days of vacation.
deanhills
Same here Johans. Wish you a Happy Easter and all the good things that come with it.