FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


How often do you access Frihost on mobile?






How often do you use Frihost on mobile?
Never
50%
 50%  [ 18 ]
Rarely
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
Sometimes
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Often
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 36

twotrophy
How often do you access Frihost on mobile. I use Frihost on mobile 90 percent of the time. I think that this is a lot compared to many users. My average post count is slightly higher than 2 per day according to the post statistics but people like Deanhills have a significantly higher average.
the-guide
Never, once I borrowed Galaxy Tab from my daughter to access the Internet,
in a short time pass I feel it's uncomfortable and also cause my eye fatigue.
May be it is because I am too old to use it. Laughing

.
_AVG_
I don't know if an iPad counts as a mobile device but I access Frihost while traveling with my iPad. It seems to work very well.
cybersa
I use both Mobile and Desktop to view this website.
But i prefer Desktop to Mobile.
Ankhanu
_AVG_ wrote:
I don't know if an iPad counts as a mobile device but I access Frihost while traveling with my iPad. It seems to work very well.

I'd say it does... It runs a mobile OS, at least Wink
I'm currently posting from my iPad, and checked in on my phone at the last airport too. At home, I tend to use my computer, but I use my iPad with some frequency too. It might resemble a 70/30 split on average?
watersoul
I've been away from Frihost for a while but when I am interested in a particular topic I'll often while away breaktime at work reading from my android phone.
Mostly though I'm online on my old faithful laptop, perhaps 90% of the time, if I had to guess a figure.
deanhills
Great to see you back Watersoul. With great quality posts as per usual.

My old trusted mobile phone (2004) can only make phone calls and text messages. I do prefer desktop and laptop for Web surfing and laptop is about as mobile as I can get for now. I'd imagine though if I should upgrade my phone to state of the art one day in the dizzy future, Frihost would be the first Website that I would look up for sure.
rjraaz
I Android based SmartPhone but not use it to access frihost.

Thanks, to remind me I can use it during Power Cut schedule. Smile
truespeed
I use a tablet to access frihost quite a lot,but I rarely post with it,I use it mostly for browsing. (This was posted via a tablet)
twotrophy
Thank you for all your replies and participation of this survey. It turns out that not everyone uses their mobile devices to access Frihost and only using them sometimes. I am using a Galaxy Note so it is not very difficult to type on Frihost.
rjraaz
twotrophy wrote:
Thank you for all your replies and participation of this survey. It turns out that not everyone uses their mobile devices to access Frihost and only using them sometimes. I am using a Galaxy Note so it is not very difficult to type on Frihost.


I think we can't put Galaxy Note into Mobile Phone Category rather it is a Tablet.
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
Great to see you back Watersoul. With great quality posts as per usual.

My old trusted mobile phone (2004) can only make phone calls and text messages. I do prefer desktop and laptop for Web surfing and laptop is about as mobile as I can get for now. I'd imagine though if I should upgrade my phone to state of the art one day in the dizzy future, Frihost would be the first Website that I would look up for sure.


Cheers Dean, good to be back Smile
I'm curious about your mobile phone though, only calls and texts you say? How big is it, does it have an antenna you have to extend as well?!! ...just teasing Wink
I'd say upgrade though mate, I love having emails coming straight to my phone, instant communication on the go, most mobile companies will offer amazing deals now if you've been on a contract for a long time.
Aredon
I don't think this poll covers everything to be honest. The truth is I don't access frihost much on mobile, but I would if it was more mobile friendly.
RoylanM
I don't access frihost from my mobile phone often. I only use mobile to get on frihost if I'm doign over time at work and haven't made my daily post yet. I think frihost should get a mobile site though that'd be cool.
cybersa
What you about Responsive Design for this forum?

Just now i am learning about Responsive Design to create new website for CyBApps..
It will optimize the website into mobile website automatically thorough CSS.
Only we need to change to CSS to make this forum to responsive design.

Example Responsive Design:
Go to this website and re size your browser window.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
XchaosX
I access frihost pretty often on iPad and my iPhone since my laptop broke
zimmer
twotrophy wrote:
How often do you access Frihost on mobile. I use Frihost on mobile 90 percent of the time. I think that this is a lot compared to many users. My average post count is slightly higher than 2 per day according to the post statistics but people like Deanhills have a significantly higher average.


Most of the time i used tablet for posting in here.

For mobile very rare due to small screen.
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
I'd say upgrade though mate, I love having emails coming straight to my phone, instant communication on the go, most mobile companies will offer amazing deals now if you've been on a contract for a long time.
Agreed. I'm thinking in that direction. Particularly during the last weekend when I saw a number of people at a course being very creative with their mobiles of choice, varying from ipads, mini ipads and smart phones. Amazing how one can actually use the ipads as phones as well. I saw one lady with a Chinese mini ipad that got bundled in with an internet account in Oman. It looked like an exact copy of Apple's new mini ipad, she even referred to it as that, not realizing it was a Chinese model. That knowledge came as an "oops" when we looked on the back for the name of the manufacturer.

So, just for the heck of it have just googled the Omantel mini ipad (Android Mediapad 7 lite) that is marketed by Omantel as part of a broadband bundle and this is what it looks like. I'm showing it large as one can see that the manufacturer is Huawei, which is a Chinese company. Imagine the roaring deal they must have made with Omantel. Apple cannot be happy with this, particularly since Apple kicked off with a very aggressive marketing campaign in Dubai last year. Oman is the UAE's immediate neighbour. Ironically, looks as though it is one of the worst ipads around, judging by the review I found. Battery life is in the region of three hours. Hopefully they will have perfected the chip by the next generation. I'm almost certain if I hang in there for a while, I'm going to get something I want, which is an in between of a traditional smart phone and an ipad.


Source: http://www.omantel.om/OmanWebLib/Individual/Promotions/mediapad7.aspx?linkId=930&MenuId=981
Nick2008
Fairly rarely, it's much easier to write on a laptop/desktop anyway. I have made a few posts on an iPad Mini though.
twotrophy
Nick2008 wrote:
Fairly rarely, it's much easier to write on a laptop/desktop anyway. I have made a few posts on an iPad Mini though.


This is very true. But I only mind a little bit accessing this forum using a mobile device. I type quickly on my phone which is quite big.
Insanity
Not too often, because I mostly go on FriHost to post, and it's a pain to post anything on my mobile device. The keys are too small and too prone to errors. I mostly use it to view things, instead of posting stuff. Unless it's something simple like post photos to Facebook, because it's so streamlined.
twotrophy
By the way, for those of you using Frihost on mobile, I strongly recommend Google Chrome as it magnifies text a lot so it is easier to use. Unfortunately unlike Opera, this browser does not have support for Flash Player even if it is installed for your phone nor it has built-in Flash Player. Opera has built-in Flash Player even after Adobe discontinued Flash for mobile.
XchaosX
Ya I have google Chrome for my iPhone and your right it is better it also seems to load pages alot faster while you on a 3G network. and really you don't need flash any more for mobile everyone has made a site spefic for mobile and they don't run on flash plus you go apps for certain things like YouTube Netflix hell even Call Of Duty elite which requires a little flash when you go on there site they have an app so really you don't need flash
spinout
My cellphone is so small, 3 inch..., it is impossible to read on that puny screen. or even try to enter something! i got too big hands/fingers... Vikings n tiny object dont go hand in hand! Laughing
playfungames
Honestly speaking, I have never used Frihost on my mobile even once. I do not even have a nice mobile which allows me to browse the web properly. I have to use Opera mini for some quick tasks in my really old mobile.

But I might be using it if I had some nice mobile with some nice interface for browsing.

Also, I want to say that where I am from, data rates on mobile are expensive as well as slow for me to browse anything substantial like Frihost.
inoshi
XchaosX wrote:
Ya I have google Chrome for my iPhone and your right it is better it also seems to load pages alot faster while you on a 3G network. and really you don't need flash any more for mobile everyone has made a site spefic for mobile and they don't run on flash plus you go apps for certain things like YouTube Netflix hell even Call Of Duty elite which requires a little flash when you go on there site they have an app so really you don't need flash

I use Chrome on iPhone too, and rarely, or maybe've never posted here using it because it's too clunky on the interface side (I think I tried a few times), not optimized for mobile, and to me not as convenient to text as type on a regular keyboard.

Good Study,

Inoshi
inoshi
Insanity wrote:
Not too often, because I mostly go on FriHost to post, and it's a pain to post anything on my mobile device. The keys are too small and too prone to errors. I mostly use it to view things, instead of posting stuff. Unless it's something simple like post photos to Facebook, because it's so streamlined.

Yes, my posts would likely be even more unintelligible than normal to those prone to be discursive with me, since the spell correction would do its job!

Rolling Eyes

Inoshi
inoshi
Ok, here I am posting in Chrome and using iPhone.

It just doesn't feel as comfortable and convenient to read and reply with depth and breadth however. Will leave Frihost tab up going forward. I think I can make a go of it posting mobile, whenever, so the topic illicits a good idea for me.

All Best,

Inoshi
TheGremlyn
I've been checking Frihost quite a bit from my iPod Touch. I don't trust my phone for browsing the web, for some reason it likes to break when I try so I just check Facebook and text. It's not too bad checking it on such a small screen and I've made a few posts from my iPod. Sometimes you can tell I've done this because I have to fight with auto correct 50% of the time. I think if I'm going to do a long post or if I want to look around quickly I'd prefer to use my laptop or desktop. Maybe if I had a tablet it wouldn't be so bad since that's a bit bigger.
Radar
I've actually never even considered doing that. I've always just assumed that the interface is not designed for such things.

I also tend to think about forum posting as a sit-down kind of activity, rather than as a on-the-go activity.
inoshi
Radar wrote:
I've actually never even considered doing that. I've always just assumed that the interface is not designed for such things.

I also tend to think about forum posting as a sit-down kind of activity, rather than as a on-the-go activity.

I agree with that, but if I get stuck somewhere and need to up my points, it's loaded in my browser now!

Inoshi
inoshi
cybersa wrote:
What you about Responsive Design for this forum?

Just now i am learning about Responsive Design to create new website for CyBApps..
It will optimize the website into mobile website automatically thorough CSS.
Only we need to change to CSS to make this forum to responsive design.

Example Responsive Design:
Go to this website and re size your browser window.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

Nice example @cybersa! How do I apply Responsive Design D to my site? I would very kuch like to do so.

Cheers,

Inohsi
sysna
Actually i remember that i've accessed frihost just once using my mobile, because i have a tablet and mostly use it to access frihost when i'm outside but in that specific moment my tablet was off because it had no battery left and i came here using my mobile phone.
riteshk1
Still i have not open this in my mobile, I will try it
grofet
I have never access frihost from mobile phones because i do not really like to online from mobile phone. Browsing on my mobile phone is not a good experience. Using a made in china generic mobile phones with old opera mini java midp application is very very not comfortable. Maybe someday if i have android mobile phone i'm goin to access frihost forum from mobile phone. So i choose never on the polling question. Good luck!
Deline
I never tried to access Frihost on the mobile o.O
standready
Don't have mobile capable of accessing internet.
ratanegra
I posted from my mobile phone once or twice years ago, then I never did it again. In fact, my post was about posting from a mobile phone.
riteshk1
I used rarely in my phone.
jajarvin
I use my desktop to read my emails. I use my mobile phone to send and to read text messages-
catscratches
My phone doesn't have web-browsing capabilities.
link44
Oman Telecommunications Company (omantel) is the first telecommunications company in Oman and is the primary provider of internet services in the country.
chartcentral
Haven't accessed Frihost (forum) on mobile yet. Used to access my subdomain on Frihost via mobile though. Smile
Related topics
what happen to frihost today
Problem accessing non-frihost ftp server
How do you access Frihost?
Using Neighbor's Wireless Link: Probation
What happend with Frihost?
Cannot access frihost forums if the "www" is omitt
Want to access frihost DirectAdmin behind a HTTP only proxy.
Frihost down again?
University DNS blocks frihost.org [solved]
Frihost CPanel Windows XP Certificate Issue
Favorite mobile software
i tried access frihost using my blackberry browser
frihost.com
The browsers that I use on mobile
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.