FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dragonball Z - Battle of Gods

ilikecheese
The events of Battle of Gods take place some years after the battle with Majin Buu, which determined the fate of the entire universe. Wiss, the God of Creation, along with Bills, the God of Destruction, are tasked with maintaining some sort of balance in the universe. After awakening from a long slumber.

Bills is visited by Wiss and he learns that the galactic overlord Frieza has been defeated by a Super Saiyan from the North Quadrant of the universe named Goku, who is also a former student of the North Kai. Ecstatic over the new challenge, Goku ignores King Kai's advice and battles Bills, but he is easily overwhelmed and defeated.

Bills leaves, but his eerie remark of "Is there nobody on Earth more worthy to destroy?" lingers on. Now it is up to the heroes to stop the God of Destruction before all is lost.
[/i]
codegeek
I used to watch Dragon Ball Z a lot when I was a kid. Loved it! I couldn't wait to get back from school so that I could catch the latest episode. Glad to see a post on it. Do you watch it often?
biolu
Looking forward to this movie!
Cosmoslayer
Saw some trailers and cut-scenes. So good, can't wait!
cybersa
Only few of this series is available in my native language(Dubbed).
I watched it on tv and then downloaded it in English.
I like this Anime very much.

Thanks for your information.
EximiusNero
I'm absolutely psyched that this new film is coming out. The last film came out 17 years ago! It marks the first time that the creator of Dragonball, Akira Toriyama, has worked on a film in the series (the previous films were productions by the Toei animation studio, based on his work) and the first time a film is actually canon to his original manga. This is literally the most involvement Toriyama has had in Dragonball since finishing his manga in 1995.

I was a big fan of DBZ when it was airing in the US on the Toonami block but I never liked the continuation of the series, Dragonball GT, which was not based on Toriyama's work. This film is his chance to get back into Dragonball and show us something that he created, because it's obvious from all the merchandise thats continually being produced, the world really wants more Dragonball.
comnet
EximiusNero wrote:
I'm absolutely psyched that this new film is coming out. The last film came out 17 years ago! It marks the first time that the creator of Dragonball, Akira Toriyama, has worked on a film in the series (the previous films were productions by the Toei animation studio, based on his work) and the first time a film is actually canon to his original manga. This is literally the most involvement Toriyama has had in Dragonball since finishing his manga in 1995.

I was a big fan of DBZ when it was airing in the US on the Toonami block but I never liked the continuation of the series, Dragonball GT, which was not based on Toriyama's work. This film is his chance to get back into Dragonball and show us something that he created, because it's obvious from all the merchandise thats continually being produced, the world really wants more Dragonball.

a big fan here also. DBZ was like bigger than any anime now. Today boys are watching naruto, bleach, one piece but back then, DBZ was like the only anime for boys!
just found the trailer !

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AaIyYG0itQI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Geko
ah the good old DBZ. I could go back to my childhood days and watch this movie. Cant say im too excited about it but who knows...
codersfriend
ilikecheese wrote:
The events of Battle of Gods take place some years after the battle with Majin Buu, which determined the fate of the entire universe. Wiss, the God of Creation, along with Bills, the God of Destruction, are tasked with maintaining some sort of balance in the universe. After awakening from a long slumber. ....[/i]

You sold the entire plot without warning us of any spoiler alert.. looks interesting anyway although we can't watch it here in where I live since it was not available here.
Mrs_Robota
I'm thinking if worth go to watch this movie... I guess there are many people as me who watched it during the childhood or teenage years, but I feel I'm already old for this stuff...