FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What will u do first if u get a new game ?

What will u do first if u get a new game ?
Goto Game settings (easy , medium , hard or CHAOS)
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Goto Audio Settings (Mono , Stereo , Dolby Digital II )
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Goto Video Settings (NTSC or PAL or ...)
23%
 23%  [ 9 ]
Goto Player Settings / Control Settings (a - kick , b - punch / R1 - ultimate , L1 - Dodge)
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Goto Jukebox (listen to music first , if have one)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Goto Gallery (See pictures and Videos)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Start the game right away
51%
 51%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 39

Summer
I wont start the game right away , I will go to Audio Settings first .
budazz
i will go first to the settings of the game... Smile
Xavier Chaos
Usually I start right away...and then after I notice something I would like to change, I check options for the said change.
smokey4life
You always want to go to setup first incase there is any options for game performance you want to maximize your playing power for best gaming experience!
Nameless
Read the manual! Always do that before even installing the game!!
webbone
I will Go to Video Settings first,Because my diplay card memory is low!
Alienz
I always go for game setting before going into the game.
SuperMonkey
I always goto the Video settings first and crank it up Smile then audio settings, then player settings, then play Very Happy
rohis
I don;t play games:) except CounteStrike. But if I play games, first I'm setting video options
yzy
I will go to set the game fistly as I don't know more about the new game before I go to the game.
quick_basic
I would start it right away. Unless it is a Legend of Zelda game then I would change the options.
lucasaides
i go to all the setings
tidruG
Should this not be in the Games forum?
-moved-

PS: What I do first generally depends on the game. I generally first either set the options or read through the Manual... with the latter predominating.
SunburnedCactus
I suppose part of the fun is seeing how high you can set things before your computer can't take it. But it's always good to have the game looking it's best when you play it. Not that graphics are everything, of course.
Ganesheeva
Tweaking up the settings... or down...

aah... poverty...old remembrances of my first nvidiaMx4400...

anyway with my laptop i just go straight to the game... then$see if i can play it with the mousepad... then ... well i only^play worms and pool anyway...sniff (but soon the beast/computer will b^mine muahahahauauahauahu) Wink
Jack_Hammer
Depends on the game and how well it would work on my PC, and whether it was even a computer game is it was a board game I wouldn't need to touch the settings would I, and P.S usually all the game settings are together (Audio Video Resolution, etc.)
greekcovers
First i will go to video settings and then i will start the game.
johnabraham
u always want to configure ur controls before u start playing the game, then u can start the game, after that u can always change the video/audio settings depending on how it performs on that...
Kelcey
just start playing... I never fool around or learn the game beforehand. I'm too impatient.
Summer
Looks like almost everyone will start the game right away ..
rip8fan1
I just start playing, and only read instructions, and/or fiddle with any settings if I need to.

But, a board game is a different animal, and usually have to read a little bit of the instructions.
raygoe
I just start playing the game
Jeff_vella_leone
i will surly check the controls, because usually 100% the jump key is set to space and i prefair using the control key istead.
For me its much easyer because i used the arrow keys as direc tionals so i cant hit any other keys, hate using the w,s,a,d keys they are just too much close to the other buttons for me.
Monkeydog
Matters on the game, and system.
I usally jump right into an RPG, Platformer, or Racer. Also anything that is in a series that I have played before, like Zelda, GTA, and Warioware.
Now I always look at the controls for a fighter, FPS, or most action games, like Devil May Cry.
For RTS's, Sims, Puzzles, and more, I unno, advanced RPG's(for example Morrowind or Neverwinter Nights) I will read the manual/instructions first.

But since I mostly play RPG's and Platformers...I vote right away.
Diebels
Yor question/poll says "What will u do first if u get a new game ?"

Of course install first then play, then adjust the settings... Very Happy
yotga
I always go for game setting before going into the game.

me too! Cool
xorcist
I start playing the game right away. When I got Grand Theft Auto I didn't go to see what type of music there is or anything like that I do that all at the end.
nickhaw
just play, see if i need to even touch the settings and see how it runs
Lisianthus
play, if the controls sux or the game laggs i quit it and then change ;P
stupidboy
i will go to Game settings
i will choose the hard mode ~"~
blu3bird
start right away of cos ..
leat397
I would start before i set the video....coz my old machine cant get rid of recent games mostly Crying or Very sad