FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

T-shirt designs

foumy6
So as some of you know I am designing t-shirts that I will eventually be selling online, but I can only do it locally at the moment. To learn why I am doing this see my blog posts: http://www.frihost.com/users/foumy6/blog/vp-149561.html
and
http://www.frihost.com/users/foumy6/blog/vp-149642.html

So instead of making a new blog post every time I come up with a new idea I will post it here. I am going to put my designs in a separate post from this. Below I will post dates when I add more designs here.

What I want from you is your honest opinion I can take it (i swear). Would you buy it, or be intrested in buying it? How much would you pay? ect...

New stuff added:
Here I will post the dates of when I add more designs

3/14/13
foumy6
This is one that I just finished I still don't know how much I like it.

This is one of the first ones I did that I am still working on improving. I am going to have Buster (the blob thing) possibly customizable with color along with the shirt.

Front:

Back:
Pande
I don't like the highlight on his 'hair', I think it is a bit distracting. I get the idea but it does look a bit weak. It is clearly done with a selection filter tool in gimp or photoshop. I would suggest taking the time to manually make a one-colour edge highlight using a vector program or the Pen tool in gimp or PS. (you can add shadows that way too).
foumy6
Pande wrote:
I don't like the highlight on his 'hair', I think it is a bit distracting. I get the idea but it does look a bit weak. It is clearly done with a selection filter tool in gimp or photoshop. I would suggest taking the time to manually make a one-colour edge highlight using a vector program or the Pen tool in gimp or PS. (you can add shadows that way too).

Thanks. That effect actually happened by accident. I am using PS CS2 (cause its free) by the way. I was thinking of all together removing it, because some other designs with him in it I have removed it, and I think it looks better. Unfortunately those are not yet finished, but they should be in the next couple days.
codegeek
I really like this design. However, I think the front would look great if you improved the shadow around him. The back I think needs some more work. If you improve the back portion and perhaps add some details to the front, I think this would be a great design.
foumy6
I have made some changes to both of the designs above.

With this one I don't think I am going to keep the little accent things in the eyes I added. I thought they looked good, but I am second guessing it now.
Pande
Keep in mind gradients and many colors cost more to print. If it's just one shirt no big deal, but for e.g. the drop shadow would add to the cost (because it fades out) and the canvas effect adds more yellow dyes necessary.

Also keep in mind the texture of the shirt you apply it to. You can get shirts in varieties of textures, so that canvas effect should not be necessary. Here is an example of what I mean:

Also, the photoshop effects stand out instantly as a 'noob' sort of thing. I really suggest you learn the Pen tool.
markharris
Great designs. i liked them Smile