FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you use water filter?

lovescience
Do you use water filter?

Why do you use water filter?

What type of water filter do you use?
badai
yes

to filter out chlorine and make the water alkaline

dunno. i only know the brand and model.
Peterssidan
No. The water that comes from the pumping station is already filtered and ready to drink.
deanhills
I should use a water filter. But don't. All water here is desalinated water, not natural. And goes through a heavy treatment cycle. I drink imported water from bottles, use local bottle water (that is also desalinated) for boiling water for tea, and tap water for cleaning. Some people do drink tap water here, and think it is OK. I have a strong suspicion that there is probably not a big difference between the local bottled desalinated water and the water from taps. I'm just a bit worried about how pristine the plumbing is.
Magicman
I occasionally use a carbon filter on my water. For some reason, my well water needs so much processing that it ends up tasting a little odd by the time it reaches the tap. I've been considering getting a reverse osmosis system for drinking water because the filters and bottled water can get quite expensive and inconvenient.
mshafiq
i am also using filter for my water.i feel that filter water have different taste that i like.
HowarJK8
I sporadically utilize a carbon channel on my water. For reasons unknown, my well water needs so much preparing that it winds up tasting a bit odd when it achieves the tap. I've been considering getting an opposite osmosis framework for drinking water in light of the fact that the channels and filtered water can get very lavish and badly designed.
BigGeek
All my drinking water at the house is filtered through a 3 stage Reverse Osmosis Filter - RO filters are the only filters that will remove fluoride from the water. I do supplement with minerals in my diet and put a few granules of sea salt in the water after I filter it to add some minerals back into it - I have been doing this for over 10 years now and the clarity I experience in my thoughts, the physical well being is quite impressive.

Fluoride is central nervous system toxin and creates quite a few other conditions physically that had begun to plague me as I grew older. Basically I found that there is absolutely no need for fluoride in the diet and all the publications about fluoride being necessary for healthy teeth is bogus and incorrect.

Don't believe me go research it on the web - actually too much fluoride in the body causes teeth to get brittle and week - and damages the enamel - but hey the AMDA says it is good for your teeth so it mus be so eh? Crying or Very sad
Oleksandr_Koryttsev
Yes
Because water in my city isn't clean
I use the type of filter like barrier
amagard
Would be interesting if everyone responding here also describes where he or she lives.
I am living in Germany and I don't use any water filters. It is actually said that in Germany the quality of tap water is better or at least equal to the quality of bottled mineral water.
SonLight
Where there's good quality treatment by the city water system, tap water should be very safe for the vast majority of people to drink. I prefer filtered water, primarily to remove the chlorine. In many places, the water might taste bad and that's usually cured with a simple filter. I generally consider bottled water an unnecessary expense.

Very young children and some sensitive people are bothered by allergies, even with filtered water, though. For them, water should either be boiled or sterilized with ultraviolet radiation or some other means. Most bottled water seems good enough in most cases, but standard home-filtered water is not. Water is sold in gallons specifically for infants, and I am quite sure it is always boiled, at least. For new babies, it is always advisable to use that or else boil your own just before use.
deanhills
amagard wrote:
Would be interesting if everyone responding here also describes where he or she lives.
I am living in Germany and I don't use any water filters. It is actually said that in Germany the quality of tap water is better or at least equal to the quality of bottled mineral water.
Think I'm moving to Germany tomorrow. Razz

I've been living on bottled water for decades! Can't be that very healthy. I've been on Volvic from France for drinking water for a few years.
Bikerman
In the UK there is no need for filtering. Many studies have shown that people cannot distinguish tap water from bottled water. In some regions people report an unpleasant taste, but that is rather subjective and is usually due to minute amounts of chlorine - used to kill any 'nasties' in the water. This can easily be dealt with by simply storing a pitcher of water in the fridge for a couple of hours before drinking.
It is also important to note that most home filtering systems use ion-exchange. They basically replace calcium and magnesium ions (hard water) with sodium ions (soft water). There is a benefit to this - it will reduce lime-scale deposits on kettles and dishwashers. The problem is that there is also good evidence that the increased sodium is linked to cardiovascular disease. So you get a nice clean kettle but you might die of a heart-attack.
mshafiq
In my area we have to use water filter because there is clear difference between simple water and filtered water.
Bikerman
mshafiq wrote:
In my area we have to use water filter because there is clear difference between simple water and filtered water.
'Difference' doesn't mean one is better than the other.
Peterssidan
If you are not used to drinking tap water and think tap water tastes funny you should know that if the tap has not been used recently you might have to let it pour for a while until you get fresh cold water.

At our house I have always thought the water tastes good (or nothing at all), except ones. It was after we had a school trip and slept at an old house with a lot of forest nearby. It had no tap water so we drank all water from a small stream outside. I don't think I noticed much difference then, but when I came back home again I thought the tap water tasted bad. I guess it's because the tap water contains chlorine and other things that you get used to pretty soon.

The amount of chlorine can obviously differ quite a lot between different locations. I never think of it at home but at some people's houses a glass of water smells like a bathing house.

I have also been drinking water from a lake but I always feel a bit doubtful doing it. I wouldn't drink just any lake water but this is near my fathers childhood home and so I trust him it's not too bad. At least it doesn't taste bad. The trick is to not take the top-most water and not too close to land.

At my cousins' house the water doesn't taste good at all. They have been saying it's because it contains a lot of calcium and is not unhealthy so I have drunken it many times when I was younger but I think they have stopped drinking the water now and instead brings water from elsewhere.
jajarvin
Water I drink need not to be filtered.
kaysch
The water company in Hamburg uses 16 different wells as sources for their supply. One of them is also used by a company that sells bottled water. So I think there is no need to filter the water.
playfungames
Yes. We have this filter in our house with four rods that filter our water. I don't know how exactly it works but I think they are supposed to clear out the water of any impurities. The water here isn't safe to drink straight out of the tap and buying bottled water isn't just possible. So, we have to boil and filter our water before consuming it.
mshafiq
I do have jug water filler.
loveandormoney
lovescience wrote:
Do you use water filter?

Why do you use water filter?

What type of water filter do you use?

Depends
where we are or where we were:

Some places You need them for cooking tea
or You have to buy water in bottles.
Insanity
I do, but I don't really care thatm uch. I hear that it doesn't actually make your water any cleaner or safer to drink, but it does make it taste a little bit better by removing some of the bad odors and making the water less hard. I use the Brita filter which seems good to me, but I'm not erally sure if I can tell the difference between water that is filtered and water that is not filtered. They taste very similar to me when I don't know if they have been filtered or not. I also use the filter which is built into my refrigereator because it's just there and convenient.