FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Finding Book Signing Tour Details

Tony The Tiger
It is 2013. With the internet being all that it is today, I imagine that there must be a way to find out book signing tour details for your favorite celebrities online. Is there a website like booksigningstalker.com or something that you can go to to figure out when a particular book signing tour will be in your town? If there is not a centralized website what sort of search techniques would likely yield local book signings for your favorite celebrities?
Tony The Tiger
I can't believe that no one has any information that can help me figure out destinations on a book signing tour. Come on people.
onebadpenny
There's 4 ways online that I keep track of my favorite authors:

On their individual websites, if they have them. They often keep their booksigning events up to date. ) Some, like Robert Crais for instance, send very nice emails when they're planning anything new. (And there ARE authorstalker sites out there, I just can't remember what they are

Another way is to check out publisher's websites. They want to sell books so they also tend to keep their author's plans up to date. Well, some publishers do.

Book Seller sites keep track of when authors are coming their way, often with a calendar of events. You could look up your favorite bookstore.

And last but not least, Book club/ Book lovers sites (like Goodreads.com) often keep track of things like booksigning tours..

I hope this helps Smile
Tony The Tiger
onebadpenny wrote:
There's 4 ways online that I keep track of my favorite authors:

On their individual websites, if they have them. They often keep their booksigning events up to date. ) Some, like Robert Crais for instance, send very nice emails when they're planning anything new. (And there ARE authorstalker sites out there, I just can't remember what they are

Another way is to check out publisher's websites. They want to sell books so they also tend to keep their author's plans up to date. Well, some publishers do.

Book Seller sites keep track of when authors are coming their way, often with a calendar of events. You could look up your favorite bookstore.

And last but not least, Book club/ Book lovers sites (like Goodreads.com) often keep track of things like booksigning tours..

I hope this helps Smile

It sounds like it is not as easy as I had hoped to stalk your favorite author. Watching 4 different things may be a bit much for me. In terms of book sellers. I don't think these are coordinated. I think I would have to watch every Barnes & Noble in Chicago individually. I think Chicago Public Library may have a centralized list for their speakers, but I don't think authors are so excited about making the runs to the local library since they can't sell their books there.