FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

URL redirectors and search engines

Naif
Hey guys. First question I am posting over here. The query I have is regarding URL redirectors and search engine indexing. Suppose if I have a redirection account on say uni.cc, cjb.net or .tk, will search engines like google be able to index the pages through those URLs?

I have one more question and this one is related to pages dynamically created using PHP. Are php documents indexed too or only HTML documents?

And suppose I dedicate a seperate page for meta tags and include that file in every page i have created, will that work? Let me clarify what I am trying to ask. Lets assume I have three pages viz., 1.php, 2.php, 3.php. Each page has the meta tags included. Now if I decide to add some new keywors or change the description then I will have to edit all threee files. Instead if I create a seperate file for storing the meta tags, that way I can just include('') that file into all my pages.

I am looking forward to read some good replies to my post Smile Cheers!
holadola
Naif wrote:
Hey guys. First question I am posting over here. The query I have is regarding URL redirectors and search engine indexing. Suppose if I have a redirection account on say uni.cc, cjb.net or .tk, will search engines like google be able to index the pages through those URLs?

I have one more question and this one is related to pages dynamically created using PHP. Are php documents indexed too or only HTML documents?

And suppose I dedicate a seperate page for meta tags and include that file in every page i have created, will that work? Let me clarify what I am trying to ask. Lets assume I have three pages viz., 1.php, 2.php, 3.php. Each page has the meta tags included. Now if I decide to add some new keywors or change the description then I will have to edit all threee files. Instead if I create a seperate file for storing the meta tags, that way I can just include('') that file into all my pages.

I am looking forward to read some good replies to my post Smile Cheers!

I believe that most search engines will find your pages, but they will be listed as the real URL and not the redirect URL since the page making the redirect does not have any content or keywords. If you are able to set the meta tags on the redirect page it will propably be indexed.

PHP documents are also indexed. But for better result use mod_rewrite for PHP if your pages are dynamic.

There is no problem including the meta tags from a separate file, however I recomend that you include a file with a function that returns different metatags depending on the requested page so that there are some differences in keywords displayed on different pages.

/hd
webbone
Html is best easy to record by google and other enginer,Url rewrite is good idea!