FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


can i unzip file does this site surport Gzip





edirin247
can i unzip file does this site surport Gzip
Peterssidan
If you upload .tar.gz files you can extract them from DirectAdmin.
inuyasha
Gzip is enabled here in Frihost Server 4. I believe it's also enabled in the other 3 servers.
You can zip or unzip files in your codes. And besides, if you are just going to upload some files, as Peterssidan said, you can extract them from DirectAdmin.
metalfreek
all frihost servers are linux based so gz should be supported by default.
RoylanM
I think he doesn't see where the tar.gz files could be uploaded I think that's his problem.
inuyasha
metalfreek wrote:
all frihost servers are linux based so gz should be supported by default.

But we are not really operating on Linux~ Just can not use commands like "tar" in the terminal. There's no terminal.
metalfreek
inuyasha wrote:
metalfreek wrote:
all frihost servers are linux based so gz should be supported by default.

But we are not really operating on Linux~ Just can not use commands like "tar" in the terminal. There's no terminal.


I think it doesn't matter if you have terminal. Once you upload Zip files the GUI will guide you through the extraction process.
inuyasha
metalfreek wrote:
I think it doesn't matter if you have terminal. Once you upload Zip files the GUI will guide you through the extraction process.

We have neither Console terminal nor GUI here. You mean.. the DirectAdmin?
metalfreek
inuyasha wrote:
metalfreek wrote:
I think it doesn't matter if you have terminal. Once you upload Zip files the GUI will guide you through the extraction process.

We have neither Console terminal nor GUI here. You mean.. the DirectAdmin?


Yes DirectAdmin or Cpanel depending upon the server you are in.
Related topics
Any good file uploading or sharing site?
Site Summary / Statistics / Logs
I need a file hosting site... free
www.imagegarage.net
does search engines recognize your page elements?
Does search engines recognize your page elements?
Importing an existing database...
News and Comment system!
How to design a theme?
Direct Admin Statistics
PHP image uploads with progress bar AND resizing? [Resolved]
fopen() gives a file with UID of apache?
I need to edit the .htaccess
Brilliant program for brush addicts...
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.