FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I am not really a forum person

appsapps
I am not a very good topic starter and I often don't find any existing topics on this forum that I would want to post in, or topics that haven't been discussed to death already that I would be able to add anything new and wouldn't just end up repeating what was already said.

It would be nice if when I fall behind that I don't end up with the sometimes impossible task of trying to find a post to add a reply to, to bring me out of the negative point zone. Being able to pay coins earned when I was able to find more threads to post in would be nice. (what would be even nicer would be getting rid of the point cap)

Sending me an email warning that my site is in danger of being deleted doesn't make it easier to catch up. It doesn't suddenly change the threads that are here into something else, that I can contribute to.

And I really hate the idea of posting for postings sake by making a post that sucks (like this one), just for the points. That contributes to creating a forum that sucks, and no forum deserves to become a victim of that. It's not fair to others.

This has become such an issue for me that I am currently looking for other decent free hosting that won't put such a burden on me and stress me out with such requirements.

I would give all 34.18 coins and 24.95 Frih$ that I have, not to have to worry about posting for the next 59 days, while I look for other suitable hosting and move my site.
Ankhanu
If you're having difficulty getting 1 point per day (or getting up to 45 in one day then going away for a few days), you will not be able to afford spending coins for hosting... Getting one coin requires FAR more effort to earn than basic posting for hosting, coins are earned for accumulating >45 points in a given day; you need to post a lot to earn coins.
deanhills
True appsapps. Why look for space in a post for host Website when you're not comfortable with posting?

Just thought I should mention, but if you've been around since 2006, you probably know any way. You don't have to post every day. You could make a 5 point post every five days. Or like some of the posters I see around, who are also from 2006, go for a few one-liner posts once a month. They usually start with the General Chat forum, which must be the easiest sub-forum for making posts, or the travel sub-forum. I also see some responding to blog posts on a regular basis.

If that is still not your style, you could also consider starting your own Frihost blog teaching design to people like us. Blog posts earn exactly the same points as Forum posts. You could provide a step by step for how you created your avatar for example. Or tackle any part of your hobbies recording them in your blog. Could turn out to be fun!
appsapps
Quote:
Why look for space in a post for host Website when you're not comfortable with posting?

It's not that I am not comfortable with posting...I am not comfortable here. This forum is lacking something. I don't find it interesting enough to keep me awake.

Quote:
Just thought I should mention, but if you've been around since 2006,

Joined up in 2006, posted a few times, then forgot about about this place. Didn't open a hosting account till this past August, when a brand new site I was building on another free host got deleted within the first 24hrs for using too much bandwidth (all I did was upload wordpress)

Quote:
you probably know any way. You don't have to post every day. You could make a 5 point post every five days.

And if I practice every day, I can learn to play piano. That doesn't mean I want to or will.

Quote:
If that is still not your style, you could also consider starting your own Frihost blog teaching design to people like us. Blog posts earn exactly the same points as Forum posts. You could provide a step by step for how you created your avatar for example. Or tackle any part of your hobbies recording them in your blog. Could turn out to be fun!

If I wanted to write blog articles, I could do it and get paid $45 each. But I don't want to. And at a value of $45 each, that would make this some mighty expensive hosting. With the money I could make from the 6 articles per month it would take to pay for hosting here, I could get a dedicated server.

Quote:
If you're having difficulty getting 1 point per day (or getting up to 45 in one day then going away for a few days), you will not be able to afford spending coins for hosting... Getting one coin requires FAR more effort to earn than basic posting for hosting, coins are earned for accumulating >45 points in a given day; you need to post a lot to earn coins.

I didn't ask to be able to spend coins on an ongoing basis to buy hosting. I didn't ask to be able to earn more coins. I'd like to be able to take what I already have accumulated and convert it to an equal number of points so I won't have to post here while I find other hosting and move my site. Then I am gone for good.

This place is not fun and posting has become a royal pain in my butt. I don't have the time or the desire to deal with this any more. There are free hosts that don't make you jump through such hoops and I'd rather use one of them instead of here.

I am serious, as soon as I move my site, I am gone.
johans
posting in a forum is also a status that your site is active and getting involve here is just for fun reading all the topics posted everyday.

For me this is a great idea because the server keeps clean if the user is not active or deleted your account if you are not active by this process clean records are being maintained.

In your part, if it is hard for you to post or give you hassle for it then you get a paid hosting but based on my experience paid hosting compared with frihost ? still i go for frihost - the reability and up-time here is much more compared to paid hosting services.
appsapps
Goodbye everybody! I moved my site and I am out of here.
Vanilla
Goodbye then, user. You've made your point and I'm going to close this topic now.

Best regards,

Vanilla.