FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What about Frihost offering free VPSes?

twotrophy
I have seen another site that offers free VPSes for posting in their forums. However, one problem with the site is that it requires so much personal information when applying. Frihost is known for its privacy where using your real name is not required when requesting for free hosting or even a top level domain name. Is Bondings willing to offer such a service to active Frihost members or is it too expensive for him to implement? What do you all think of this idea?
LxGoodies
Eej @twotrophy..

twotrophy wrote:
I have seen another site that offers free VPSes for posting in their forums. However, one problem with the site is that it requires so much personal information when applying. Frihost is known for its privacy where using your real name is not required when requesting for free hosting or even a top level domain name. Is Bondings willing to offer such a service to active Frihost members or is it too expensive for him to implement? What do you all think of this idea?

Hmm.. Q: what can be done with that service - I googled it, VPS=Virtual personal server, one or more virtual PC's running on 1 PC - so you're sharing anyhow, there are more than 1 VPS on one PC.. So what's the advantage of having a "VPS" instead of a control panel and MySQL+php etc ?

Lx
twotrophy
a VPS is necessary for hosting many things such as game servers for games like Minecraft. However, VPSes are resource intensive which means that is expensive to offer so I am not sure if Bondings would like this idea.
LxGoodies
Twotrophy wrote:
VPSes are resource intensive which means that is expensive to offer

Pay for VPS could be an option ? Minecraft is a pay game.. so why not ask Bondings for a quote if you want to host that thing and need specific facilities like VPS ? Or is this a very silly observation.. Rolling Eyes I've always assumed frihost just lures us in by giving us a free account.. Razz it's normal commercial practice on the internet, just try it out and then decide a payed option.. as far as I am aware.. actually I would never consider move my forum (serious, crowded forum) to a frihost beginners account, is just too small for that. Get real ! if you were Bondings and you were a successful hoster, would you give away web space for commercial purposes ? I think 9:10 members of this forum are hobbyists.. and forummers..

Lx
k_s_baskar
twotrophy wrote:
a VPS is necessary for hosting many things such as game servers for games like Minecraft. However, VPSes are resource intensive which means that is expensive to offer so I am not sure if Bondings would like this idea.

Think getting VPS for posting is not possible. I know some SPAM sites offered even dedicated server for posting. If you really need VPS for Low price you can try www.lowendbox.com
:
twotrophy
I know of a forum that offers free VPSes for posting regularly although it is hard to obtain such VPSes. It has a system that is similar to Frihost's although with a few differences. The purpose of this thread is not to request for Frihost to offer free VPSes but to consider the idea of such systems but thank you for all your replies. I will PM Bondings as well over this idea.
CHAOS-THEORY
i 'd love if Frihost would offer free VPSes for posting, its really nice cause i need one :DDD
mahirh
You're worried over personal info? Well, they can give a WHOIS request and find it out anyway. So that must be completely pointless.