FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domain and subdomain confusion

Grimboy
I bought a domain (emptylarder.com (please don't view this as it is so crap at the moment you wouldn't belive)). Point is, before buying this domain I used the subdomain emptylarder.grimboy.co.uk. When I added the domain it used the same directory as the subdomain. Two things:

1. When I access a subdirectory of the domain it redirects me to the subdomain. How can I stop this?

2. Can I safely delete the subdomain?
Bondings
Grimboy wrote:
1. When I access a subdirectory of the domain it redirects me to the subdomain. How can I stop this?

That's probably because you forgot to add an ending slash to the subdirectory. like /directory instead of /directory/.

Quote:
2. Can I safely delete the subdomain?

I think it would be easier to change your account from a subdomain to your domain. (as long as you are on the cpanel server)
Grimboy
Sorry, I just figured out that you need a subdomain of your main domain for an addon domain to work. Is there any way around this?
Bondings
Grimboy wrote:
Sorry, I just figured out that you need a subdomain of your main domain for an addon domain to work. Is there any way around this?

Yeah, park it instead of making it an addon domain. Then it will show the contents of your public_html folder instead of a subdirectory.